10 interesting facts about The Incredible Shrinking Man (and a new Criterion Collection edition of the movie!)

Originally published at: 10 interesting facts about The Incredible Shrinking Man (and a new Criterion Collection edition of the movie!) | Boing Boing

2 Likes

That movie taught me one lesson: If I was ever in a position where my cats could hunt and eat me, (either I am shrunken or they are embiggened), they will.

10 Likes

But no Tom Lehrer theme song!!!

3 Likes

That spider freaked me out as a kid. Ok, it still freaks me out.

7 Likes

I am a big fan of movies where people shrink, and I have never seen more convincing effects than in The Incredible Shrinking Man. A real, working matchstick of gargantuan proportions, fabric texture scaled to the hero’s size, all sorts of things that are usually ignored when people shrink in movies, spoiling the versimilitude, are meticulously thought out and realized in this movie.

8 Likes

Why was he so worried about all those creatures consuming him if he, by definition, could not be eaten?

Oh, wait. Incredible.

4 Likes

When do we get a Criterion version of the Incredible Shrinking Woman?

5 Likes

Interesting fact #11, the man billed as Scott Carey is actually a time travelling Berlin-era David Bowie.

1 Like

tumblr_ndwq1ezkOB1qhxazgo1_500

10 Likes

Came here for this. Wasn’t disappointed.

And now I have “Little Bar of Soap” stuck in my head.

3 Likes

lily tomlin GIF

4 Likes

Decides Terrence Howard GIF

7 Likes

I was just going to say that while I haven’t seen the movie, I was shocked at how good the effects looked in the trailer

1 Like