Watch "The Incredible Shrinking Man" (1957) for free on the Internet Archive

Originally published at: Watch "The Incredible Shrinking Man" (1957) for free on the Internet Archive | Boing Boing

3 Likes

The stuff of childhood nightmares.

Thanks, I will seek out the newly-colorized giant spider forthwith.

3 Likes

The really awful colorization makes it very hard to watch. Gave me a headache.

2 Likes

(See also “The Incredible Shrinking Comment Button” for this posting on the main BoingBoing page [wink])

i can remember seeing The Incredible Shrinking Man on some Nightmare Theatre show and asking my father the ten year old’s equivalent of “So where does the shrinking man’s mass end up?” To which my dear ol’ dad answered: “I dunno, probably shits it out”

1 Like

tumblr_ndwq1ezkOB1qhxazgo1_500

2 Likes

Last week I started to watch (on my computer) a movie which turned out to be hideously colourized: I quickly figured out that I could set the monitor to greyscale (via Accessibility settings) and it’s like the tampering had never happened. Might that work for you?

1 Like

I’ll give it a shot. Thanks. Used to be easy, in the old days. I had a color CRT TV, and when the red gun died, I just turned down the color, making it into a B/W TV, instead of seeing every person on screen looking like the Incredible Hulk.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.