10 killed in Dayton mass shooting

Motive is unimportant? Okay, then…

13 Likes

I think the point is that the job of the FBI is to investigate the violence, not the ideology, so he’s calling out for those who SHOULD be investigating the ideology to do so.

Kind of like how Mueller basically said: I have done my job, now you do yours.

15 Likes
21 Likes

25 Likes
27 Likes

Yes, researchers and anyone else who’s smarter than an average bear.

17 Likes

I read that the Ohio shooter was “neutralized in under a minute” He “only” killed 9 people and injured another 27… Can we please stop talking about “good guys with guns” now? I figure this is about the best “good guy with guns” scenario we’re likely to see. 9 dead, 27 injured.

17 Likes

They didn’t just ignore the report; they eviscerated the agency that wrote it. Can’t have the truth coming out, oh no.

17 Likes

That’s actually a vitally important statement. We’ve passed any shred of doubt now.

This is terrorism, and needs to be dealt with as such.

Take away the guns. Who the fuck is anyone who wants to keep one scared of?

It worked in Australia.

9 Likes

Can’t make an omelet without riddling a few innocent bodies with bullets.

14 Likes

There is no difference between these white supremacist terrorists and ISIS. They are a greater threat and America needs to deal with them that way.

Trump and McConnell are failures. They are responsible for this.

7 Likes

I own guns. I have a concealed weapons permit. I really value individual rights like the second amendment.

But you can’t see this and not admit there is a big, big problem in the United States with gun violence. It’s so obvious, it’s ridiculous that anyone can deny it, but most of my friends take a cue from the NRA and just recycle their talking points.

Most of these open carry cowboys that think they would be a hero in a mass shooting situation have never actually been in a gun fight. They don’t realize how confusing and scary it is. You’re a lot more likely to shoot an innocent person by mistake.

We’re in a sad place in the U.S. right now. Scary.

25 Likes

It’s a morbid thought, but we should keep a comparison count of ISIS vs Domestic Terrorists, in deaths of American / American soil civilians.

Do you realise that you are part of the problem?

5 Likes

I disagree with that assessment.

The first step here is gun-owners realizing that proliferation of firearms is an issue. I applaud anyone willing to say “I’m a gun owner and even I can see things need to change”.

33 Likes

A post was merged into an existing topic: Right-wing gaming

A few years ago, I read this

and now I re-read it once a year.
So much is packed into that book.
I learned a lot.

… Assata Shakur, for one.

Respect.

7 Likes

Perhaps, and I will grant it’s a lot better than “nothing to see here, move along.” But what he wrote appears - to me - to be a VERY short step from “I am a good guy with a gun.”

Checklist:

• owns guns
  • has concealed carry permit (who the fuck needs that?)
  • really values 2A

He did not round off his post with “… and here’s what I am going to do about it.” Instead it reads more like “I’m alright, it’s all you other crazies who’ll have to change.”

5 Likes

image https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/3/3e/John_Carlos%2C_Tommie_Smith%2C_Peter_Norman_1968cr.jpg/220px-John_Carlos%2C_Tommie_Smith%2C_Peter_Norman_1968cr.jpg

11 Likes

What are you doing to change the situation?

9 Likes