100 knock-off magic erasers at a fraction of the normal price

The material is also sold as an effective dental stain remover for personal use

Don’t swallow your tooth rubber.

1 Like

Even better than WD-40 for dissolving adhesive residue is one of the cleansers/degreasers based on citrus oil. OrangeGlo is probably the best known brand, but there are lots of others. The stuff cuts through almost anything sticky or greasy, and its citrus smell a great improvement over the oily banana smell of WD-40. Wear nitrile gloves when you use it though, because it will also strip the oil off your skin, and if you must spray it, be very careful to not let any of the mist get on you, especially in your eyes.

Nonstick cooking spray (Pam, etc.) is also pretty good for dissolving adhesives because of the lecithin it contains.

4 Likes

not sure of the effects of the worn little bits of plastic which are shed ??

( in all fairness , i do 3d printing with filament , i attempt to capture debris and scrap for future recycling into filament to print again , but - - - )

1 Like

Maybe you were holding them wrong?

2 Likes

I have a kid who still hasn’t quite outgrown the ‘write on walls, doors and furniture’ stage. I bought a two pack at the local big box (for way too much money) in a desperate attempt to remove Sharpie from a urethaned interior door without resorting to acetone. It worked! So I ordered a bulk pack.

2 Likes

For someone that does professional housecleaning, this would be great. For someone with only one house to clean however it might be overkill.

Edit: Oops. I read too quickly and thought you were talking about Magic Erasers, not plastic erasers.

1 Like

I used the extra 90 I didn’t need to make a magic eraser suit and pants. Now I no longer need to shower because the magic eraser suite is always scrubbing and cleaning me as I wear it. They also might be actual magic because when I’m wearing it people won’t even make eye contact or talk to me anymore… wait maybe they make me invisible! Magic erasers indeed!

4 Likes

You may be right. I may have had them upside down. They really shouldn’t have printed the “This Side Up” arrows in white ink.

2 Likes

hmm, this is an interesting idea… maybe if one buys enough of them, one could build a Magic Eraser FORT, and hide from the world!

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.