$1000 smart teapot discontinued

When I went too far looking into an electric kettle for my daughter there was one that had different temperature settings so one could deal with stuff like that.

3 Likes

on the other hand:

The tea I sampled from the appliance was good, though it didn’t bowl me over with intense flavor. In fact, my favorite black tea blend, Royal Breakfast from Louisville Tea Company, tasted better brewed in the $78 Espro Press P5 than in the Teforia Infuser.

According to Teforia, I’d need to run something truly exceptional through the Infuser in order to really appreciate it – something rare, handmade and close to $100 per pound. I’m no business mogul and don’t have that sort of tea on hand (but then, neither am I the target buyer for a $1,500 teapot). Still, I can confirm that the Teforia Infuser brought out a little better flavor than usual from my $6-per-pound Tetley loose-leaf black tea.

so there’s that…

2 Likes

Dang, I remember noom. What a scam that was (is?) It’s still in business. If you click through to Translink Capital’s portfolio, you’ll see that a few of their sites don’t even have viable websites. Some, like Carbonite, have been acquired, a lot are a me-too type of company.

It’s tea, it has two temperatures, hot, and gasp, cold.

1 Like

They may seem like the same cup of news, but only one was made with all the right ingredients, like facts and verifying information, which makes it a lot more palatable. :slight_smile:

For one, this article doesn’t incorrectly claim that users are going to have to break the law to keep using their tea maker…which was the main point of the other article.

3 Likes

“So that’s it, is it?” said the Nutro-Matic when he had finished.
“Yes,” said Arthur. “That is what I want.”
“You want the taste of dried leaves boiled in water?”
“Er, yes. With milk.”
“Squirted out of a cow?”
“Well in a manner of speaking, I suppose…”
“I’m going to need some help with this one.”

On the delivery plate of the Nutri-Matic Drink Synthesizer was a small tray,
on which sat three bone china cups and saucers, a bone china jug of milk, a
silver teapot full of the best tea Arthur had ever tasted

That was supposed to be the result, right?

10 Likes

I’m usually too tired to try an make a perfect cuppa. Maybe it’s just me, but I’m well satisfied with with boiling water and Red Rose, or if I want to spoil myself, Barry’s or that hard to find gunpowder green. If I want a tea experience, I’ll go somewhere and leave it to the experts who will also serve it perfectly on perfectly arranged tables with yummy perfect treats, in cups my kids won’t break. (Obviously, I am not the demographic for this product. :slight_smile: )

And what temperature do you actually brew the tea at?

3 Likes

I like how they pretend it’s a consumer education problem.

2 Likes

Yes, I got as far as noting who posted the previous one, and stopped reading, as always.

The tea-ness of the tea is turned up to 11!

Those teapots are beautiful. I need to get one and see what wild flowers near me are tea friendly.

And then of course have a tea party.

You can come @LutherBlisset! Although fair warning, the real gems of my tea collection mostly got used up over the last decade.

1 Like

1 Like

I might be able to contribute, but my stock is also quite down. But i still have some nice stuff. My favourite kabuse-cha is prohibitively expensive, so I switched to a south Korean sencha which is also shaded. I can highly recommended it. Seogwang tea fields, island of Jeju.

I’m not sure if Alexa could buy it. I don’t even know how to pronounce it.

Tell that to Ginger Baker:

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.