12 GOP members voted not to honor Capitol police for protecting Congress during Jan 6 overthrow attempt

I have to stop here. My Papasan sense tells me I’m about to be accused of hijacking a thread, again.

19 Likes

The reality is probably closer to her seeing how close she got to being dragged for her implicit support of the insurrectionists, but MTG being so stupidly outspoken and belligerent deflected the nation’s ire and she was able to slink back into the shadows. Unlike MTG, she seems shrewd enough to realize her luck won’t hold out forever.

10 Likes

I think we’re all missing something obvious.
The resolution does not call the events of Jan 6th a coup.
These brave republicans cannot sanction such an omission.
/s

2 Likes

Isn’t this award going a bit too far?

Scum, all of them.

3 Likes

They saved people’s lives. It would have been a bloodbath with maybe even dozens of law makers hurt or dead if they had gotten into the chambers.

But sure… I mean, law makers aren’t real people anyway, right? /s

12 Likes

Even if you are pro insurrection, anti-government whatever… why would not vote for this sort of thing when not voting for it only makes you look bad? Even for plausible deniability or cover for you’re IRL douche-ness?

7 Likes

Roger That!

11 Likes

The bill says “a mob of insurrectionists forced its way into the US Capitol building and congressional office buildings and engaged in acts of vandalism, looting, and violently attacked Capitol police officers.”

These particular reps refuse to acknowledge that there was a mob of insurrectionists or that they violently attacked anyone. They won’t sign the bill because they maintain that unlike the violent BLM Antifa, these were patriots. As Sen. Ron Johnson put it “I knew those were people that love this country, that truly respect law enforcement, would never do anything to break the law.”

They can’t sign the bill without acknowledging the reality they work so hard to deny

19 Likes

Yeah. I heard RJ make his flaccid argument for why people who beat police officers and break doors and windows are good, but peaceful protesters for BLM are bad. I get what they believe and I guess i understand they can’t accept or acknowledge the truth, but I am a it surprised in that most republicans still voted for this bill, not voting for it puts you square in the “compete nut job, ignore this idiot and vote them out” categories. They’re hubris will hopefully be those undoing.

3 Likes

As reported on Twitter:
In light of numerous reports revealing her repeated endorsements of sedition, domestic terrorism, and political violence, Rep. Jimmy Gomez announced today he will introduce a resolution to expel Marjorie Taylor Greene from the House of Representatives.
Needs 2/3 of the House to vote aye, so it won’t happen but at least she’ll get a message…maybe.

13 Likes

The Sedition Caucus.

6 Likes

Just curious what their reasoning is for voting this…oh, hell!! No, I’m not. F them.

1 Like

Award winning police work would have kept the mob out of the Capitol…

1 Like

My point is that it seems to be too big an award for what happened.

No, she’ll send the message that she’s being persecuted as a way to fundraise.

5 Likes

You were thinking maybe putting their lives on the line to save a whole branch of the US government should be honored with a $25 coupon to Applebee’s?

12 Likes

If I buy it, is it acceptable for me to house it in a larger jar, so that I can defecate on it regularly?

3 Likes

No Dude, it screams bloody murder all night, and lots of other bad crap. No Dude, NO!

4 Likes

But honoring someone who saved your life? Isn’t that kind of self-serving? It’s borderline nepotism. Elected leaders should be above this. /s

12 Likes