1200-year-old sword found under rocks on trail

There was a field across the road from the house I grew up in - I haven’t been back in 20 years. Just recently there was apparently a ginormous complete dinosaur skeleton found there, not far under the surface.

All that time, just sitting there taunting my 8 year old paleontologist dinosaur obsessed self. I expect all the other hikers who just walked past the sword over the past few decades are feeling the same way.

9 Likes

What type of shitty-ass tang is that? Is that type of crappy design really that old? Where’s a sword-making historian when I need one?

3 Likes

pronounced Oy-ving?

Those buildings were on fire when I got here. I’m just looking after these sheep until the owners can be found.

3 Likes

The funny thing, I am told, is that back home the Vikings were very respectable; they even had trade guilds. They were a bit like the British today who are quite repressed at home but tend to be obnoxious abroad.
There are houses around here (I used to live in one) which were built to a standard width laid down by the Vikings. They were built in around 1695…these things last a long time.

Why do you think the Viking left it there? Right.

“I paid how many quid for this stupid short tang piece of shite? Fuck this I am burying it under a rock. Piece of crap sword. My grandmother could make a better sword than this blue light special hunk of dung.” Etc.

2 Likes

I say it’s Prince Valiant’s famed “Singing Sword.” Hum a few bars. See if it can carry a tune.

If you don’t pick up your toys, you’ve got to expect that a piece or two is going to break off.

Seriously, 1200 years of lying around under a rock and there’s a bit of oxidation and the hilt is missing, but otherwise the thing is intact? I’d like to see your car survive that long.

One summer, I found my wedding ring in a pair of shorts that was packed away the previous August when my son was born. I thought I had lost it at the hospital and replaced it. So now I have a spare!

2 Likes

It already has, the piece of complete junk.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.