153 years of uninterrupted Sweethearts candies, interrupted

https://memegenerator.net/img/instances/49651600.jpg

2 Likes

Prove it!

1 Like

­

@TobinL, someone wants to speak with you…

4 Likes

Hahaha!
That’s ONE!

2 Likes

I actually like the hearts and the wafers. Even the licorice flavored ones.

7 Likes

You thought Wafers were bad? Did you ever have a Sky Bar? Who in the calls that peanut butter?!

1 Like

Thank you for your confession…
You are absolved of your
Sin.

Jk

3 Likes

So you are the one. I figured somebody had to. Now we know… :thinking:

2 Likes

In contrast: Certain parts of Buffalo, NY smell like Cheerios.

4 Likes

i’ve always loved Neccos, both the wafers and the hearts. i would hate for them to go away.

and speaking of that, you can’t have it both ways, Bb – you can’t be sad that there’s no candy hearts for February and also shit on Necco every October with your stupid “candy ranking” clickbait list.

5 Likes
1 Like

Parts of Richmond, Va. used to smell like Wonderbread. Oh man! White bread never smelled sooo good!

1 Like

Per @ulasaw, the Sky Bar name and machinery has been purchased by a little general store out in western Mass., and they’re planning on bringing them back by years’ end. What’s interesting is that they’re working with the former Necco Director of Research on the recipe to make it better. Here’s hoping that the new Sky Bar has four fillings that actually taste different from each other.

4 Likes

I always refer to the later clip from Love and Rockets, "Tastes may have changed, but our secret recipe hasn’t! …

7 Likes

You misspelled delicious.

6 Likes

Can i petition for this new company to never start production back up?

I’ll bite. My dad used to say Necco Wafers reminded him of communion wafers. (That’s certainly not a ringing endorsement!)

He introduced his grandson (my nephew) to them, too. They would share a roll when they’d spend the afternoon together.

He and I didn’t speak for the last six years of his life. For 23 years, once in a great while, I would buy a roll and savor them … just to spend a little bit more time with him.

Y’all can continue the dumpfest now. But please be a little bit nice about it.

17 Likes

I know at least a few folks in meatspace who like them too, but it’s not like I’m gonna doxx them just to make a point.

Just because they’re not my thing, doesn’t mean I look down on anyone who digs them.

7 Likes

That’s a wonderful memory and
thanks for sharing that personal
story…
'tis all in good fun,
all the dumping on NECCO.
Y’all can take turns now,
'cause I like Orange Marshmallow Peanuts!

4 Likes

Damn, that’s what happens when I
::::::::::::speed read,
I miss half the story!
(For gosh sakes…I live in Western MA.!)
Well
Close enough

2 Likes