153 years of uninterrupted Sweethearts candies, interrupted

Me too.  

2 Likes

You buy Peeps in this year’s after-Easter clearance so you can eat them next year.

I’m with you. When the closing was announced, there was a coincidental buy one, get one sale at my local CVS, so now I have a large ziplock bag of about two dozen rolls carefully tucked away for future enjoyment. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

2 Likes

Count me in too!

1 Like

I think y’all have the Necco love/hate positions well-covered.

Personally, I still pine for my old school Lifesavers Cream lollipops:

This crap just isn’t the same:

2 Likes

I’m hoping that when they return, they start using the neural-net-generated messages. Much better than what they used to have, anyways.

Yeah, who knew? I always assumed they sat around for years before they got sold. I recollect as a kid, having some that ended up in the back of a drawer, found them years later and they tasted exactly the same.

7 Likes

Invasion-of-the-Body-Snatchers-1978-Donald-Sutherland-pic-2

But, but, but - that’s the secret ingredient!

Spangler also makes these:

https://www.spanglercandy.com/candy-store/circus-peanuts

Circus Peanuts?

They represent a good value if you run with a band of no-good two-bit grifters like I do.

They are:

• $1.79.
• Filling.
• Rather enjoyable if you come from a grifter background.
• Mostly air, so lo cal.

So a real win for those of us with rather inscrutable palettes.

But, as Cookie Monster would put it, Circus Peanuts are SOMETIMES food. Om nom nom.

1 Like

Oy I couldn’t remember
their name
But I can see them,
smell them
remember them.
Thanks!

Your kids? That was our relationship to our dad and his candy.

I spy a Cantab! Does the smokestack still sport the wafer-colored stripes?

4 Likes

Thanks for the laugh (out loud; my son came over to see what was so funny. Now he’s hovering over my shoulder, supervising).

Thanks for the vocabulary lesson

Here’s a suggestion for a heart-shaped substitute candy, with the added benefit of not tasting like chalk:
kasugai%20gummies
They don’t have messages, but… dude. Write a note. It’s not worth it!

2 Likes

Love 2000 Hogs Yea

3 Likes

Is it… an affirmation? a fuck-off “suggestion”? The ambiguity makes that one good.

1 Like

Seriously - I hate to be that guy (and I’m as nastalgic as the next guy) but who the F cares about this - terrible tasting “candy” that was lame and undesirable 50 years ago… I am nostalgic for something that really matters . :confused:

“That’s not a rat turd. It’s a caper!”

3 Likes

I guess I’d say it’s one thing to say “never liked them much, not a fan” and it’s another to say WHO THE FUCK CARES

A lot of people do. I’m sure there’s people out there who like a lot of things I don’t like, but it doesn’t anger me that they do.

4 Likes