160,000 condoms are readied for Olympic athletes yet regulation requires they "avoid unnecessary forms of physical contact"

Originally published at: 160,000 condoms are readied for Olympic athletes yet regulation requires they "avoid unnecessary forms of physical contact" | Boing Boing

3 Likes
3 Likes

The key word is “unnecessary”.

13 Likes

But the dic-dic-dic- tionary is very necessary…

1 Like

The condoms are not intended for use in the athletes’ village, they said.

Yeah, it’s not like the village is ever a f*ckfest for hundreds of the most physically fit young people on the planet. /s

As a result of their constant success in grifting, the IOC must really think everyone else is a complete idiot.

22 Likes

I’m sure things would be 100% chaste if they didn’t provide condoms.

8 Likes

I recall reading somewhere that the Olympic Village is just one big orgy of young people at the peak of their physical prowess that have been pretty much cut off from having a “normal” life with others due to constant training.

There is just a tremendous amount of pent up sexual energy and now it’s like, I want to try that, and that and that and you too!

Well that’s just what I heard. I’ll be in my bunk.

17 Likes

You wear them on your fingers instead of gloves.

No, for real. . .

I have a friend who used to work with one of the big corporate sponsors of the Olympics and went to all of them over about 12-14 years as well as tons of other events. She was also single for most of that time and fairly fit (not on the level of the participants of course).

Her reportage is that it’s a total fuck-fest for everyone as soon as they are done competing for exactly the reasons you laid (huh huh) out, and as a relatively young fit friendly person she got a lot of positive knock-on effects.

12 Likes

May I be the first to point out that the logo used depicts condoms intersecting (puncturing) each other in a way that would render them non-functional.

Screen Shot 2021-06-18 at 16.31.10

That is all.

12 Likes

Yeah yeah, a bunch of young people in the prime of their lives - but they will wait until they get home to use them.

3 Likes

Put a helmet on your soldier.

6 Likes
13 Likes

“Sex is about as important as a cheese sandwich. But a cheese sandwich, if you ain’t got one to put in your belly, is extremely important.” - Ian Dury

10 Likes

Better safe than sorry?? They gonna do it. You know they are. Better to be safe.

3 Likes

I guess he can’t comprehend that the IOC are apparently not complete idiots?

2 Likes

I wonder if any in the IOC took kickbacks from the sellers.

2 Likes

Should be standard issue for the pole vault.

Well, duh!

w4f0SHg

1 Like

I think this design is actually for echidnas - the spare is there for obvious puncture hazards.

3 Likes