Women's sports associations say handball chiefs should resign for bikini fine

Originally published at: Women's sports associations say handball chiefs should resign for bikini fine | Boing Boing

11 Likes

Good!
And for anyone coming in who hasn’t seen the other posts and threads on this topic this:

is some major bullshit. I mean, good, but also bullshit that it took them so long to get to this point. The Norwegian team has been trying to get the sexist uniform disparities addressed since 2006.

ETA:

26 Likes

Please note that bikini bottoms chafe like fury in any serious athletic activity (possibly excluding swimming) [1].
Bottom line [2]: in any mixed event, this also disadvantages the ladies [3].

[1] Not having any experience with said clothing or the anatomy to judge the effects, I consulted an expert: $HERSELF.
[2] Intentional
[3] Perhaps also intentional, but at the best thoughtless.

8 Likes

I’m disappointed that rather than actually show the Norwegian team in their shorts, you chose a stock photo of a bikini wearing team. Guess scantily clad gets more clicks - smh

8 Likes

By many accounts, this olympics was very positive and successful during a pandemic. I wouldn’t know because of this inherent sexism and the corruption that goes hand in hand with this. I’ll bet the organisers enjoyed the best ragu beef and tuna though so they’ve succeeded in filling their belly’s and pockets. The wheel continues to turn.

The list is no longer being updated, sadly.

20 Likes

Are you disappointed?

Have you got something to actually contribute or are you just typing? Send us a pic of you in your bikini please.

15 Likes

Surely mandating that the men wear the skimpiest bikini bottoms too would cause this rule to be changed ASAP

21 Likes

I believe that all Olympic sports should adhere to the uniform rules of the original 776BC Olympics. No chafing. No tan lines. Gender equality. It might cause
some problems with tv coverage depending on your location though. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

13 Likes

Especially if they get DQ’d for wardrobe malfunction.

4 Likes

Would be more fair if the board who voted for the fines has to wear bikinis at all their meetings, lol.

17 Likes

I’m disappointed that rather than actually show the Norwegian team in their shorts, you chose a stock photo of a bikini wearing team.

What are you talking about – the photo making plain the insulting discrepancy between male and female uniforms is key to getting across the ridiculous level of unfairness. It’s not there to titillate you.

11 Likes

Women did not compete, they had the Hera Games and had to wear an off-the-shoulder (and breast) shift.

3 Likes

What I want to know is why did the men’s team not protest by wearing bikini bottoms to one of their matches? That’s a statement of solidarity that would stand out and make strong show of support.

10 Likes

Google it if you want to see semi-naked women so bad.

3 Likes
6 Likes

5 Likes

I think he was pointing out that they chose the more scantily clad image for the post, not the photo of the girls in shorts.

7 Likes