$17,000 worth of girl guide cookies donated to charity

Originally published at: $17,000 worth of girl guide cookies donated to charity | Boing Boing

3 Likes

Are they made from real Girl Guides?

8 Likes

that many free cookies feels like the opposite of charity to me.

Cash would have been so much more useful.

3 Likes

I think this was done to prevent wasted cookies and support the cookie campaign. It’s the main fundraiser for most guide units. I’ve got 2 guides (a guide and a brownie) and we got the normal amount to sell last year, even though the two main avenues for selling cookies (the office and door-to-door) were not available due to the pandemic. We ended up with a case we had to pay for that we couldn’t sell. Not good for the waistline! :sweat_smile:

6 Likes

What’s a “girl guide”?

Like a Girl Scout, but Baden-Powell objected to the idea of girls being scouts.

7 Likes

That’s a lotta thin mints. (burp)

Not sure we get thin mints as Canadians.

1 Like

Sincere condolences.

5 Likes

But you get affordable health care, so it all kinda evens out in the end.

3 Likes

Loaded Weapon__giphy (15)

3 Likes

That’s what we call the equivalent of American “Girl Scouts” in Canada. It’s an excellent program for girls to learn all sorts of technical, life, and social skills. One of the true bright spots in this world.

4 Likes

A Guide is someone whose knowledge of the wilderness is exploited in the name of imperialism, while a Scout seeks knowledge of the wilderness in order to act in the name of Imperialism?

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.