18 attacked in squirrel rampage

Yeah, the pandemic has prompted everyone to reconsider their career ambitions.

15 Likes

We don’t have any native squirrels here [1], but we do have an infestation in the Perth Zoo. Interlopers that came in with some other zoo animals back in the 60’s (I think). Fortunately the native birds, such as hawks, keep them from spreading far beyond the zoo grounds.

[1] I’m in Perth, Western Australia, so if we DID have native squirrels they’d be 6 feet tall and venomous

12 Likes

Last Fang-o in Buckley.

Kangaroos in the distance look like shaved squirrels… :woman_shrugging:t3:

9 Likes

So… the squirrel version of Falling Down …?

2 Likes

:joy: “He never refilled the coffee maker after drinking the last cup, so Chad sabotaged him at meetings.”

5 Likes

By the power of grey squirrels
I have the Powerrr!!!

1 Like

Tetanus but not rabies? Wait, is there no rabies in the UK?!

There isn’t rabies in the UK or Ireland. Being islands, coupled with strict quarantine laws have kept the islands rabies free for over 100 years.

ETA: the rabies posters were quite terrifying (at least when I was a kid). This is one of the more tame posters.

8 Likes

That’s really cool! Thanks for the poster!

2 Likes

I know from recently being attacked by a squirrel and freaking out about rabies that there are no known cases of rabid squirrels. It was a real, “Phew!” moment.

6 Likes

Glad you’re ok. My worry is less about rabies and more about my hands… :nerd_face:

3 Likes

957a15203345f45f8058e6454d3af3009ae56181_2_357x500

4 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.