18 people hit with "severe nausea" after watching racy new feminist opera in Germany

Originally published at: 18 people hit with "severe nausea" after watching racy new feminist opera in Germany - Boing Boing

2 Likes

The claim/warning (real or otherwise) that audience members may require medical help is a classic marketing strategy for live performances that goes back many decades.

The popular flatulance-based act of Le Pétomane was supposedly so hilarious that the Moulin Rouge famously kept a nurse onsite to help revive audience members who had passed out laughing, which of course was excellent marketing for the act.

13 Likes

Did someone say rollerblading nuns?

5 Likes

Rollerblading nuns? Now they’ve crossed a line.

Unless that’s a euphemism for a sex act that I’m not familiar with. Maybe I should go.

6 Likes

AqZqk4c

5 Likes

My first thought was that this was going to be about a reactionary right-wing covert attack of some sort. Very thankful it wasn’t. SANCTA sounds interesting!

4 Likes

During a performance of The Eumenides, an audience member was claimed to have miscarried and died.

3 Likes

Hm… Sounds like a normal club night back in the day…

4 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.