1970s magazine ads for cocaine paraphernalia

[Read the post]

1 Like

Go ahead, you deserve it.

And in case you want to buy some, sadly Amazon seems to be out at the moment at least from this particular vendor.

4 Likes

It appears to be rated three and a half uteri.

(Wait it’s energy level, right? Expressed in uteri? Paging @Missy_Pants, @Mindysan33, @chgoliz… Things are turning around.)

6 Likes

5 Likes

http://imgur.com/gallery/B0nrtjF

Pretty sure thats a bull’s head. Like a Texas Rangers thing?

Uteri go up, and have googly eyes.

10 Likes

9 Likes

@japhroaig - were you writing ad-copy in the 70s?

6 Likes

I NEED that wallet! although i don’t think i’ve ever rolled a jay strong enough to withstand being shoved into a leather bullet style holder. how are they not destroyed the second you out this wallet into your pocket.

Maybe Red Bull has a rating system?

1 Like

I’ve seen similar joint holders and usually the leather is stiff and sized in such a way that most joints would just rest in there protected by the stiff leather.

When I carried joints I had a regular metal cigarette case, if I carry just one joint I have a little plastic tube somewhere around here that was for a loose individual cigarette.

1 Like

I’ve never been a coke user (I mean I’ve used it, but it’s never been something I’ve carried or sought out) but I do admire some of the kit that hard drug users seem to collect. In particular I like those little plastic cocaine dispensing “bullets” (I don’t know a proper name for them), and I absolutely adore a vintage heroin addict’s kit with the leather case, glass syringe, silver spoon, the whole deal is all very neat.

The word you’re looking for is “bumper” - and they dispense anything powdered, not just cocaine.

…uh, so says a “friend” …

1 Like

I, err, know someone who manufactured a slim aluminum tube disguised as a necklace pendent. However, it was hollow and had a threaded top.

It could store one J or three rolled up hundred dollar bills.

1 Like

Coke, especially good coke, tends to absorb moisture, which means they don’t work in the crowded, sweaty environments they’re meant for. Much better to titrate [insert alkaloid salt of your choice] in water and fill up an old Sudafed nasal spray bottle. 2.5ml water to 1 gram = twenty hits or thereabouts (protip: DO NOT mix up the Good Sudafed and the Bad Sudafed if you have a blocked nose and want to unblock it before going to sleep).

1 Like

I’ve only ever seen people do it, and I can’t even handle caffeine these days. Chewing on a coca (spelling?) sounds pleasant, but I doubt I could handle much of that. I will naturally just stay up for days, and stimulants don’t help.

It would be nice if there was something like jsfiddle but for life :smiley:

If you can find some old copies of “National Lampoon”, “Playboy”, or even “Penthouse” from that time period you’ll find a lot more — not just for coke and harder drugs, but hydroponic systems, special-spectrum lights, and plans for constructing systems to grow your own weed indoors.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.