Check out this gallery of 1970s ads for cocaine paraphernalia

Originally published at: Check out this gallery of 1970s ads for cocaine paraphernalia | Boing Boing

6 Likes

I-3cCl

15 Likes

Oh boy, that last one is local. Tempted to go over there and ask if they still sell cocaine straws in the shape of vacuum cleaners, just for the confused looks I’d most likely get.

10 Likes

The magic powder that turns you instantly into a bloviating pontificating asshole. Don’t have any fond memories of that.

7 Likes

it occurs to me that if i was in a thrift store and ran across some of these things, i wouldn’t have any idea what they were before now. now i’m going to have to keep a more open eye, because some of these are hilarious.

4 Likes

Anyone remember the McDonald’s long handled, tiny red coffee stirring spoons that were pulled, allegedly because everyone was using them for coke?

12 Likes
  1. I like the use of polished Agate! Way to take something worth a few buck and mark it up for coke heads.

2. I can’t believe the post didn’t lead with this image! Just look at it!

7 Likes

Probably not too many of those items left in circulation. I can imagine an episode of “Antique’s Road Show” in 50 years profiling a rare cocaine vacuum cleaner and then being appraised for a ton of money.

5 Likes

Facebook has tried to sell me this vacuum for nasal sports a few times here in 2021.

4 Likes

they weren’t red, they were white – at least the one i’ve managed to find in an antique store was. maybe they had different colors in different parts of the country?

5 Likes

Does that include the cocaine inside it?

1 Like

Makes you wonder what ever happened to a that paraphernalia?

3 Likes

I bet a lot of it can be found in the back of junk drawers across America…

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.