Massive amount of cocaine found at Coca-Cola plant

Originally published at: http://boingboing.net/2016/08/31/massive-amount-of-cocaine-foun.html

2 Likes

31 Likes

[quote=“pesco, post:1, topic:84482”]blow was discovered in a shipment of orange juice concentrate
[/quote]

Minute Maid has been abnormally speedy lately.

14 Likes

They were planning on releasing Throwback Cola, but I guess that’s not going to happen now.

17 Likes

In related news, Coke bottling plants in France have been rated as the #1 most fucking awesome place to work! Go Coke bottling plants in France! Nous sommes nombre un! Le woo!

21 Likes

We’ve been calling her the 37-second Maid over here.

11 Likes

Is it me or is cocaine making some sort of pop culture comeback? Because I remember growing up in the 1970s&1980s … and the drug reference for all radio/movie/tv/film/newspaper stuff was always cocaine. Cocaine trafficking. Always coked up Hollywood stars and producers. DiscoClubs with railmarks cut into the table because coke. It made people wear pastel suits and keep alligators trapped in boats.

Then some rich kids in the suburbs, a weird English toilet scene, and fucking Jimmy McNutty made it about heroin for the past 15 years.

Now we back to coke. It is weird that pop culture acts as a marketing and advertising force for anything found unconscionable by the DEA.

That said … stay off coke, kids. sugar is bad for you.

13 Likes

The English Toilet scene was so much more authentic back then. These days it’s all watered-down hangers-on.

13 Likes

Well I found myself wondering why a Coke plant would be receiving a ton or so of orange juice concentrate. Is it an ingredient? Is it to prevent scurvy? Some kind of fetish?

9 Likes

At the risk of “dissecting the frog,” the Coca-Cola company makes Minute Maid orange juice.

10 Likes

Minute Maid is a Coca-Cola brand, so they probably use the concentrate to make orange juice, which they would package in cartons and bottles.

Damn it, beaten.

5 Likes

Person from 100 years ago, “Why is this a news story?”

6 Likes

4 Likes

As I’ve heard it asked before “What happens to all that cocaine that they remove before they make the Coca-Cola?”

5 Likes

obligatory…

3 Likes

According to this article it’s bought by Mallinckrodt Incorporated. To this day, Coca-Cola still imports coca leaves which are used to manufacture cocaine in the United States - NaturalNews.com

1 Like

I was really hoping from the headline that it was going to be some deserted part of an old plant that still had some of the original ingredients mouldering in piles.

3 Likes

Sadly, heroin use is still going strong. Since it’s much cheaper than those prescriptions, heroin has become a natural next step after people get hooked but can no longer afford them.

3 Likes

It’s just more 80s nostalgia!

2 Likes

Thanks, Obama!

2 Likes