20-year-old Brian Hsu charged with breaking flight attendant's bones

Originally published at: 20-year-old Brian Hsu charged with breaking flight attendant's bones | Boing Boing

1 Like

Christ what an asshole.

21 Likes

We really ought to have a Federal no-fly list for people who physically accost flight attendants.

32 Likes

I’m flying on American Airlines today. The in-cabin announcements have been more, firm, than usual. They aren’t about to put up with any crap.

18 Likes

Is he still in jail now? It’s very unclear.

3 Likes

This gentleman is about to enjoy less than first-class accommodations, to put it mildly. I hope it’s for many years.

10 Likes

Yep. And the more this happens, the sooner it will come. Add them to the list of fools who are actively creating the realities they fear the most.

https://www.cnn.com/2021/10/31/politics/buttigieg-violent-airline-passengers/index.html

9 Likes

Yup. And violent abuse is almost never an isolated incident. Someone who does this is exhibiting a pattern of behavior that makes him a danger to society. This Brian Hsu belongs in prison.

12 Likes

I hope the only way this guy ever gets to visit Hawaii is if he’s able to drive there.

4 Likes

My condolences.

9 Likes

Could be worse, could be Ryanair…

4 Likes

Brian, when you get out of prison, no more flying for you.

2 Likes

No-fly list? I wouldn’t want to be on the same bus with him, let alone a plane. But since you don’t need ID to ride a bus, there won’t be a no-transit list. Maybe they could tattoo “Poor Impulse Control” on his forehead and let people make their own judgments.

1 Like

Yes. People who commit assault should be on the no-fly list instead of random Muslims who have done nothing wrong.

7 Likes

It sounds like the guy has some pretty serious problems resulting from a traumatic brain injury. Still shouldn’t be allowed to fly, but it sounds like a different situation from a random MAGA person getting upset about masking up.

Sort of. Hsu’s claim is that he was acting in “self defense” against an aggressive flight attendant and felt his life was in danger because a head injury he suffered in an assault last year caused him psychological trauma. Then again, given the source maybe that earlier injury was from a fight he started too.

As a legal defense the “brain fog” claim sounds unlikely to help him escape culpability for his actions unless he goes for a full-on insanity plea (which he has not yet done).

He also claims this woman “hit her nose on his hand” during the unprovoked attack against him. Riiiight.

ETA: Reading the affidavit it appears that Hsu’s current defense rests on a version of events that directly contradict all other witness testimony.

4 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.