2020 Election Thread (formerly: 2020 Presidential Candidates Thread) (Part 1)

Good stuff, 'tis. Especially noteworthy for his concept of “cultural hegemony.”

8 Likes

im tired of white men yelling every time facts come up that they don’t like. let alone calling that a debate. and, if i ever did need that, id turn on fox news as they excel in the form

reporting on the earlier mess said neveda paid 70k for the same app as idaho. they also had unspecified “backup plans.” im guessing this “tool” ( love that. suddenly, not an app ) is one of those backup plans. though no idea for sure

5 Likes

Had some good quotes, too.

15 Likes

Or perhaps more poetically:

arundhati-roy-another-world-is-not-only-possible

15 Likes

The Iowa train wreck continues.

7 Likes

I just saw some people in the msnbc “bar” saying that they were undecided between Bernie and Biden.

5 Likes

LOLWUT

ETA: My guess about that (without seeing the chat) would be that they were thinking Biden, but now that Bernie has a renewed legitimacy they might think it’s safe to vote for Bernie?

(BTW, it did seem to me that for Friday night’s debate, unlike with other debates, Bernie was free to just answer questions and say what he thought without having to establish a right to be there.)

7 Likes

Right, because with the future of liberal democracy in America hanging in the balance with this election, the priority should be the entertainment value of two elderly and entitled white male candidates exchanging schoolyard zingers.

8 Likes

It could always come after the election, when neither is in office. I’m not sure Trump will agree to debate Biden (or any of the candidates) before the election anyway.

1 Like
5 Likes

Please no…

9 Likes
5 Likes

Well i’m sure he’ll respond calmly and rationally to these sort of questions about his viability on the national stag…

15 Likes

wow. so he’s already playing the republican game and the election ( let alone the primary ) isn’t done yet?

you want debt reduction? reduce the size of the military budget, reduce corporate subsidies, restore our progressive tax rate, add a wall street financial tax, a vat, and a wealth tax.

austerity might decrease the federal debt, but it will increase the debt of each of us. sigh

here’s to hoping he bombs out in new hampshire.

15 Likes

“Any judgment of math miscalculations would insert personal opinion into the process”, wrote the party lawyer, Shayla McCormally.

hmmm… pretty sure that’s not how math works. even with non-euclidean political geometry.

12 Likes
26 Likes

21 Likes

11 Likes

The fact that they won’t fix the errors makes it abundantly clear that they are rigging it.

This guy made a spreadsheet of the errors that shows that fixing them would put Sanders ahead of Buttigieg in SDEs as well as the popular vote.

I did a t-test on the per-precinct delegate errors for Sanders and Buttigieg, and the p-value is 0.0016. That means there is about one chance in 600 that this distribution of errors is due to chance, which strongly suggests that something other than just bungling incompetence at work.

11 Likes

I have no idea either, but the “1952 called” bit in your theory seems plausible.

4 Likes