2020 Election Thread (formerly: 2020 Presidential Candidates Thread) (Part 1)

Particularly seeing as most politicians don’t know shit about most of the things they have a hand in, which is why there should be experts or people of experience in place to advise.
Although it appears that some people will “Yeah, but…” no matter what.

15 Likes

clearly the items in this list are interchangeable, all vulnerable to institutional neglect in the same way

9 Likes

The president’s chief of staff is also an unelected person accountable to no one but the president. So if a reporter asked the president: “Would you put someone in as secretary of education if your chief of staff disapproved?” and the president said, “No, I value my chief of staff’s opinion,” we’d be having the same conversation about the president ceding their authority?

I know you don’t trust the judgment of teenagers. But that’s all this is about. There are no big constitutional issues, no ceding of presidential authority. It’s merely a president asking someone for input who would not normally be asked for input (in addition to all the people who would normally be asked for input).

Not to mention that we all know no power has been ceded. If it comes right down to it and Warren thinks the kids’ judgement is insane then Warren will simply go back on this promise. At that point, feel free to say “I told you so.” But that’s the actual worst case scenario.

17 Likes

A politician asking for stakeholder input. The world may end.

15 Likes

Running?

4 Likes
5 Likes

Thread:

12 Likes

Bernie says that Warren will play a big role in his cabinet or possibly be his veep. He endorses her judgement.

15 Likes
9 Likes

ds9-quark-shocked

12 Likes

Once again, can we quit with the fucking prosecutors already?

6 Likes

“In this country”.

13 Likes
8 Likes

“Boys will be boys.”

4 Likes

Well, there’s one hell of a barely-caught slip-up…

10 Likes

This just in…Fidel Castro is dead.

9 Likes
22 Likes

Not only is he a centrist, he’s such an obviously calculated centrist.

14 Likes

Charlie is a gem.

And - Petey’s new nickname:

19 Likes

Of course not, that’s too old.

41oGhGY899L.AC_SX425

16 Likes