2020 Election Thread (formerly: 2020 Presidential Candidates Thread) (Part 1)

When a prepared team meets modern manufacturing:

People are accusing the campaign of pre-planning this. My guess is that they had a template ready to go (which is what you do if you’re smart), put the words in as soon as they realized that it happened and pressed “send” to the manufacturer. There’s no warehouse full like it’s 1899.

13 Likes

dear pete, we wouldn’t need to be re-fighting the issues of the 1960s if “centrists” like you hadn’t rode over those issues in favor of the issues of white, wealthy, well-connected americans.

i mean at least centrists at one point seemed to honestly believe that the invisible hand would raise all boats, and right all wrongs. but pete, dear pete, it’s been proven demonstrably wrong. otherwise we wouldn’t be in this mess, would we?

it almost seems like you’re ignoring the facts pete in some crass attempt to win votes.

10 Likes

So, apparently Bloomberg is spending millions on an advertising blitz, in places like Texas and Arkansas, trying to convince voters that Bernie is in the pocket of the NRA, and that Bloomberg himself is the one who will totally take all their guns away.

3 Likes

I think Rubio has been paid to support the Democrats.

It’s the only thing that makes sense, the way he keeps claiming how awesome they are.

18 Likes
13 Likes

Even leaving aside the Texas/Arkansas factor…

https://twitter.com/ben_geier/status/1229164749792980992?s=21

&

6 Likes

That is equally true of almost every politician in this country that supports gun control, though. Very few of them care enough to try to do anything about the cops. Some of them are even prosecutors.

3 Likes
14 Likes

To quote from an old thread:

9 Likes

THIIIISSSSSSSS:

Putting this in this thread, but I think it’s important, regardless of where any of us live. Politics literally determines who eats, where people sleep and what they are allowed to do with their own bodies. If you don’t think that’s important, I don’t know what to say.

15 Likes

Also a killer band name

7 Likes

I’m sorry - but it’s too expensive. It will cost several times the entire US GDP!

11 Likes

If Rubio starts talking about taco trucks on every corner under the Dems it’s confirmed!

It belongs in this topic, as it’s apparent that some people do think the election is about entertaining them or about vindicating a personality cult.

14 Likes

14 Likes

It would appear that contrary to statements about having moved on from previous attitudes regarding LGBT people - some sentiment remains.

15 Likes

He’s Cuban-American. It will be cubano trucks. In which case, sign me up!

8 Likes
5 Likes

in some states, for state office, there’s just one primary, open to everybody, it seems to work fine

party activists don’t like it, of course, because the stupid-crazy polarization-for-profit system that we mostly have now is mostly what they want

9 Likes

We have this too, but not to determine a party’s nominee.

Sanders was taken out of context here. Her main point was that the amount of crossover voting for Bernie in open primaries proves his broad appeal.

2 Likes

while unfortunately i do believe that to be true ( last election people in my family were undecided between trump and sanders during the primaries - white, male, anti-establishment ) – it pains me that the democrats are still thinking that they need to fight over republicans.

i think the real reason sanders has been doing well is that there are a lot of people who believe in his policies.

it’s like people have forgotten that an unpopular candidate, with meh policies beat trump by 3 million votes. and that while trump has gotten more popular with republicans he’s gotten less popular with everyone else

in my opinion, everyone needs to stop worrying about how trump’s supporters will vote - and start focusing on the rest of the country

13 Likes