2020 Election Thread (formerly: 2020 Presidential Candidates Thread) (Part 1)

15 Likes

Happy “Trump gets so angry that he shoots blood out of his eyes” day

17 Likes

On the side of the angels. Which isn’t necessarily a good thing in Supernatural lore. Still - Mishamigos!

10 Likes

#PresidentDipshit

12 Likes

In the past, the ArbCom have been pretty quick to broadly topic-block such an obvious Single Purpose Accounts. Not doing so now seem like the usual hypocrisy.

Maybe they’ll find editors to fix that. It won’t be me. They closed that door ten years ago.

11 Likes

Harris’s most fervent online supporters, or stans, call themselves the “KHive.”

I think maybe I’m too old for this election. Do fans of the other top VP picks have nicknames?

2 Likes

when it’s pages dealing with notable men, if memory serves.

3 Likes
9 Likes

Well, that was an… interesting read.

7 Likes

I guess he’s going for the whole Trump it’s too ridiculous to even parody strategy.

6 Likes

“ Pence will take a bus tour from Lancaster to Philadelphia, including taking part in a roundtable discussion at Rajant Corp., a suburban Philadelphia maker of wireless communication technology, his office said. Then he will speak to Philadelphia police officers at their union hall, the Fraternal Order of Police Lodge No. 5, in the city before they hold a “Back the Blue” rally.”

8 Likes

A roundtable discussion: does he not get what that means? Unless the table is the size of a room, and fewer than 8 people are sitting at it.

6 Likes

“Make America Wakanda Again”

It’s not clear exactly what type of president West would be. Asked about his foreign policy, he admitted: “I haven’t developed it yet.” Asked further about any of his policies, he responded: “I don’t know if I would use the word ‘policy’ for the way I would approach things. I don’t have a policy when I went to Nike and designed Yeezy and went to Louis and designed a Louis Vuitton at the same time.”

The clearest vision he offered was based on the movie Black Panther : “A lot of Africans do not like the movie and representation of themselves in… Wakanda,” he said. “But I’m gonna use the framework of Wakanda right now because it’s the best explanation of what our design group is going to feel like in the White House”

7 Likes

That he’s never voted in his life.

Internal Screaming (2)

6 Likes

I knew a Tim Kaine stan last election so… does “asshole” count?

I feel like stanning Tim Kaine is like stanning unsanctified communion wafers. Sure, you can, but why?

6 Likes

Because he’s the only adult in the room, besides Hillary Clinton who was by far the only qualified presidential candidate in history, and why would you want your VP candidates to be flashy, are you some kind of millennial who needs to be excited by your candidates?

/s

Like I said: asshole.

1 Like

:man_facepalming:

3 Likes
11 Likes

Like I was taught in elementary school, I mostly inferred the meaning from the context, but the end result is that I had to look that up.

(Possible explanation as to why) (No, I know, I’m just not “with it.” I’m not “hep.” Not “turned-on.”)

4 Likes