2020 Election Thread (formerly: 2020 Presidential Candidates Thread) (Part 1)

Reckless and weird is also part of his PR game though is it not? Honestly I don’t care why he’s doing it. Fuck anyone who sees the presidency as a business opportunity no matter how impaired they are or are not in any other way.

14 Likes

I’m seeing a lot of good thinkers acting genuinely dismayed by Ye’s announcement.

But I feel like, Meh. So what? It’s just a shitty little sideshow.

Am I wrong in thinking it’s going to have just about zero effect on the election?

12 Likes

I smell an album release.

8 Likes

I hope you’re right.

He’d have to spend a lot of money to be a true contender in the election, and make a lot of effort. If he doesn’t get a groundswell of support, I think his “campaign”/publicity stunt could flame out pretty quickly.

9 Likes

Yeah. And even if he does get some votes, who would he actually be pulling them from, Trump or Biden?

8 Likes

Quite honestly no idea. He seems like such an oddball choice I can’t being to figure out who would vote for him!

5 Likes

People with awful taste in music? :woman_shrugging:

5 Likes

Normally I’d say “you’re not wrong,” but “normal” went down the Bemis no later than June 16, 2015. Also, I’d figured Kim would attempt a run before he did.

And yet, here we are with an oddball choice in the WH.

5 Likes
7 Likes

I would certainly not vote for him, thank you very much.

3 Likes

So much this.

And people trotting out mental illness to explain shit like this just perpetuates the stereotype that people with mental illness can’t think for themselves or are dangerously unpredictable. Which then gets used as justification for locking us away, marginalizing us, torturing us, murdering us, etc.

No, I am not exaggerating. And you know what? A lot of those perpetrating those atrocities claimed to be doing so out of compassion, just like the people who leap to blame MI for everything under the sun.

21 Likes

Who said what where? You know we have a rule on these boards about speculating about mental illness. Random “I heard a rumour” is still just speculation.

13 Likes

Didn’t his wife just trip over the billion dollar mark recently?

But he’s likely well beyond the time to get on ballots in many states, so there’s that…

7 Likes

I think they’re both billionaires.

Hooray for the average person!!!

9 Likes

Yeah… money is not an obstacle for him, especially if he has Elon Musk’s backing, too.

But I’m more inclined to believe this is just a publicity stunt anyway. But with Kanye who knows…

kanye-west-smile-frown

8 Likes

Everything about that family from them, the sibs and the parents is about marketing and about an inch deep.

9 Likes

In this case the diagnosis is notably reported elsewhere.

8 Likes

Fine. That is a link. That’s not “someone said something somewhere else.”

That also doesn’t mean it’s the reason for this announcement.

9 Likes

So what if it is? His diagnosis doesn’t automatically invalidate everything he does.

2 Likes

It’s a nice amount to pump up the number of “billionaire donors” Biden has without actually helping. These billionaires added together donated no more than 0.3% of what Biden’s raised so far.

SuperPAC spending is more indicative of actual support.

Basically look at https://www.forbes.com/sites/michelatindera/2020/05/06/here-are-the-billionaires-backing-joe-bidens-presidential-campaign/#3448f5c41d51 and https://www.forbes.com/sites/michelatindera/2020/04/17/here-are-the-billionaires-backing-donald-trumps-campaign/#4662d97b7989 and compare the amounts.

There’s more billionaires backing Biden but Trump is getting far more money from each of them.

6 Likes