2020 Election Thread (formerly: 2020 Presidential Candidates Thread) (Part 1)

But the only thing that matters is getting rid of Trump!!

6 Likes

In the big picture, right now, kinda, yeah. If the other option is to not get rid of Trump, then yes, Biden or bust. I look downstream at people like AOC and co, who will have a voice if Biden is elected. If he is not, then we get Trump and that would be orders of magnitude worse. I see hope in getting actual progressives (small “p”) in the House, who will over time move up to the Senate. And hopefully, the White House. But for now, in my mind, this is a survival moment. Biden might have been my last pick (well, no Gabbert was that) but he is who we have. And jettisoning Il Douche is the number one priority, followed by taking the Senate and keeping the House. Do all that and we might just get somewhere.

14 Likes

That all overlooks what I meant to (snarkily) say, which is that in the rush to get rid of Trump, so many of us who are desperate to replace him with Biden often lose sight of just how awful Biden is.

7 Likes

This one made my head spin:

Biden’s newest donors:
Jerry Hall, wife of Rupert Murdoch
Spouse’s net worth: $16.7 billion *
Source of wealth: Newspaper, TV network
Contributions: $500 **

All kinds of questions: (1) Jerry Hall is married to Murdoch? How did I miss that? (2) How do you go from Bryan Ferry to Mick Jagger to Rupert Fucking Murdoch? (3) Jerry Hall is worth $16.7 billion? (4) $500? If you’re worth $16.7 billion how do you come up with $500 as an amount to donate to someone?

8 Likes

8 Likes

Sounds like he’s gonna pull a Jill Stein

7 Likes

His music sales are that bad now?

6 Likes

It’s 100% confirmed

7 Likes

ds9-sisko-what

8 Likes

Screenshot_20200705-084556

10 Likes

Party? Write-in?

I wonder if he even knows that to run for POTUS you need to do more than tweet out your candidacy.

8 Likes

Can Musk please just finish crawling up his own asshole and die already?

13 Likes

Apparently not.

10 Likes

He has to build a special minisub to do that.

12 Likes

He’s just pulling a Trump. Trying to pump up his business by running for President.

And trying to help his boy Donnie, of course.

8 Likes

Someone pointed out elsewhere that West has a bipolar disorder and doesn’t take his medication. This is less a publicity stunt or a joke, and more a case of a mentally ill person doing something reckless and self-destructive, and because he’s rich and successful, nobody is able or willing to step in and tell him he needs help.

1 Like

Everything a person who has a mental illness does isn’t a symptom of that illness.

And you can’t seriously be saying that a guy who who’s smart and capable enough to become as successful as he is did so without being largely- though not solely- responsible for their success.

12 Likes

Oh, Elon.

17 Likes

I’m not? I’m just saying that this presidential candidate stunt seems reckless and weird.

You’re pretty clearly saying that this run is a symptom of his having a mental illness.

11 Likes