2020 Election Thread (formerly: 2020 Presidential Candidates Thread) (Part 1)

There’s always a tweet.

14 Likes

Trump’s counting on those electoral votes from Greenland to push him over.

4 Likes

Perhaps Deutsche Bank…

4 Likes

@Mindysan33 I just saw this and in case you didn’t, thought you might be in a position to help get the word out locally:

9 Likes

Another Brooks Brothers riot?

11 Likes
10 Likes

Thanks! I’ll let people I know know!

9 Likes

Didn’t you hear? AZ was un-called. Breitbart said so!

1 Like

I thought they won? What are they so worried about?

16 Likes

here are a couple of things i’m absolutely certain about

1. hilary clinton was not, let me repeat that, was not some historic level terrible candidate who provoked the “own-goal” of electing trump. fuck that shit, i don’t ever want to hear that shit again. this year proved that there are 10s of millions of americans who happily vote for the worst primal-id impulses of the worst man to occupy the white house since andrew jackson and possibly ever. i’ve never used the ignore feature of this site but i will immediately ignore forever anyone who tries to lay that rotten egg on me again.

2. the lincoln project was a fan-service meant to make internet liberals feel better about them and as entertaining as their ads were they clearly didn’t move a measurable number of republican voters and i am ready to drop them overboard the second any of them demonstrate that they are the establishment republicans they are.

27 Likes

11th-doc-this|nullxnull

19 Likes

And, thanks primarily to population growth, a variant of that story will be repeated every four years. And it will be utterly meaningless every time.

1. US Presidents are not, and never have been, elected by the national popular vote.

2. Increasing population does not mean increasing popularity.

3. A very large proportion of Dem votes are cast as a lesser-evil defensive measure.

1 Like

less meaningless this time, perhaps, since the percentage increase in the number of votes cast is much larger than the percentage increase in the population.

the population increased by 2.4% since 2016 while the number of votes cast increased by 14.5%. that is a significant increase.

and yet it is the lesser evil and will save more actual lives, protect more actual people, do less evil, and despite the obstruction of the republican led senate capable of doing more actual good.

14 Likes

Think President Biden may also have the largest popular vote margin over his rival since term two Reagan. I may be wrong but I believe that’s what it looks like. Two to three times that of Hillary Clinton. Largely due to the increased turnout this year I imagine.

8 Likes

According to this guy, funding a recount in Wisconsin is morally equivalent to letting thousands of children die.

19 Likes

If you are confronted with two evils, thus the argument runs, it is your duty to opt for the lesser one, whereas it is irresponsible to refuse to choose altogether. Those who denounce the moral fallacy of this argument are usually accused of a germ-proof moralism which is alien to political circumstances, of being unwilling to dirty their hands.

Politically, the weakness of the argument has always been that those who choose the lesser evil forget very quickly that they chose evil.

— Hannah Arendt

A defensive tactical vote for the Dems is justifiable (although there are valid grounds to criticise this strategy, as suggested by the Arendt quote). Actually stanning that turdblossom of a party is not.

The GOP is not the problem. The Dems are not the problem. America is the problem.

Trump is the symptom, not the disease.

1 Like

this statement is the one thing you have written in the past hour i can totally get behind.

6 Likes

How Eric…

derry-girls-michelle-mull-this

These fuckers don’t care about children.

14 Likes

With MI just now being called for Biden, it’s now very highly likely that he will win. Nothing’s certain, but I’m breathing a lot easier than I was just a few hours ago.

If this all plays out like I’m hoping it will, us white people owe a serious debt of gratitude to the Black and brown people that saved our country in this election.

7 Likes

Michigan just called for Biden!

12 Likes