2020 Election Thread (formerly: 2020 Presidential Candidates Thread) (Part 1)

“I can’t be racist, I have a Black friend”.

9 Likes
4 Likes

7 Likes

I don’t know about that. He could siphon off some of the mindless libertarians who would be Trump voters otherwise. Probably not much impact, considering the grip Il Douche has on the Repubs right now, but maybe some.

3 Likes

Thread:

When Daniel Dale starts tracking your lies, it means you do it a lot.

9 Likes
9 Likes
3 Likes
9 Likes

So we… shouldn’t beat them at the polls?
Mr. Katz, don’t scare people away from voting against Trump out of fear.

7 Likes

i know a lot of the reservations about Harris’s record and what that might mean for her policy as president, but yeah, I’ve admired her courage and intellect since I started watching the past few televised hearings she was part of (Kavanaugh especially). she ain’t scared. I’m certain she could hold her own against Trump in a debate.

3 Likes

reading the context of his twitter, i think he’s advocating for taking him out before that. Not merely waiting for the election to take him out. I still don’t know where i stand personally. Any way to get trump out, whether it be impeachment or electoral is fine by me as long as we get him out.

2 Likes

Sure, but if people flip out if he doesn’t get re-elected, how do you think they’ll react if he’s impeached and removed from office? Seems like they’d flip out even more to me in that case…

So… I don’t know.

3 Likes

I think that the sort of folks who will flip out and cause, as Mr Katz fears, “the most dangerous months in American history” have an extremely short fuse for flipping out. Whether Trump is beaten at the polls, impeached, or forced to resign, they’re going to riot and refuse to accept it. If a Grand Council of Ultra-Republican Elders convened and removed him from office, they would claim it was secretly a Democratic cabal. There’s no soft, easy, nice way to have a different president than Trump at this point, so whatever works, great.

8 Likes

The first of hopefully many. A robust primary (as opposed to an anointment) is important, but 20+ candidates is beyond overkill and there are more offices to focus on than just the presidency.

10 Likes
7 Likes
8 Likes

Nothing like promoting more low-density detached single-family home development through federal policy when we desperately need to densify our cities.

4 Likes

Get yer polls here - 2 for 1 all day!

4 Likes

6 Likes
8 Likes