2020 Election Thread (formerly: 2020 Presidential Candidates Thread) (Part 1)

That last one isn’t needed. If you have a history of violence, mental illness is beside the point. We could argue that the second isn’t either, but society still has a real problem with seeing violence against women as violence.

5 Likes

3 How easily can it be modified to subvert the regs?

If you just have to file something down or it’s designed so you can just plug in another part to do - that firearm design isn’t legal.

5 Likes
10 Likes

Joe Biden wants you to know that holding him to any kind of reasonable standard would violate his personal truth of Being Joe Biden, so please just be nice and ignore it when he calls Theresa May Margaret Thatcher and conveys his sympathies for the mass shooting victims in the wrong state.

7 Likes

When I saw this the other day I was yelling at the screen. Sure Joe, it’s only the most important election in our lifetimes, with the future of liberal democracy in America at stake, but let’s take a chance that voters will go easy on the constant screw-ups that define your true self.

6 Likes
6 Likes
11 Likes

As do I, so how come like nobody else does?

2 Likes

I don’t really have anything bad to say about him. He’s just kinda there. He’ll make a good cabinet secretary.

11 Likes

And he’s done.

9 Likes

I can see why the comparison to Scientology sprang to mind. (Although there are plenty of other groups that believe that people cause all the bad things that happen to them.)

1 Like
1 Like

Is it Festivus already?

9 Likes

It’s certainly time for the Airing of Grievances

9 Likes

I was happy to see him in the race (because ex-governors make good candidates), but he didn’t bring much to the conversation other than unnecessary repetition of GOP talking points, so now I’m happy to see him go. From what I can tell from his former record, he’s the one candidate who intentionally moved his rhetoric to the right for the campaign.

2 Likes

Hamberder eating contest?

4 Likes
10 Likes

Beyond support of PoC for Sanders, that education-level figure is the most interesting to me. The preference for Warren over Sanders says a lot about how deeply it’s linked to economic class interest in America.

7 Likes

Also note the lack of “Warren has a problem with voters of colour” stories in the mainstream press, in sharp contrast to the countless entries in that genre re: Bernie.

4 Likes

#VichyDems

11 Likes