2020 Election Thread (formerly: 2020 Presidential Candidates Thread) (Part 1)

She had been claiming a conflict that left her unable to attend. It’s not that far off, and I hope she spends all the time between now and then cramming for an exam.

4 Likes

Biden only seems to have lasted this long this time around because the bar for acceptable conduct from a presidential candidate has been lowered so damn far. Can we just get to the next plagiarism scandal and kick him out already?

11 Likes

You should always judge a candidate by their shoes.

2 Likes

For most candidates, shoes are an important factor in their support. (Not so much true in my neck of the woods, of course.)

That’s like saying 9/11 happened in the 2010s.

I wasn’t even alive in 1968 but I am positive Bobby Kennedy and MLK were both assassinated that year. They were kinda important historical events :confused:

16 Likes

Inslee’s out.

Props to him for helping to push hard enough to get a climate change town hall, though I kinda wish he’d stuck around long enough to participate in it. Guess his campaign’s out of runway.

8 Likes

“Berniebros”.

3 Likes

This is gonna be interesting

4 Likes

Deadbeat Dad Joe Walsh?

6 Likes

Well, at least this time, he’s old enough to actually take office.

Oh, Joe Walsh

4 Likes

And then there were 22.

8 Likes

That’s a bummer. While I never thought he had much of a chance I was happy to see him try. I’d be happy to vote for him as governor again though.

4 Likes

I was just discussing Walsh’s former district in a different thread; he’s the guy who beat Melissa Bean who in turn took the district from the hideous Phil Crane. (Post-Walsh Democrats have been holding the seat.)

5 Likes

Well, Joe, if your donors are the type to support the Republican party, maybe you should take a good, hard look at that, and consider primarying him instead of your apparently less-than-fellow Democrats, many of whom seem to not have this trouble.

10 Likes

Hopefully it’ll give them a boost in their new races.

6 Likes
11 Likes

Zentrum bootlicking:

4 Likes

17 Likes

8 Likes