2020 Election Thread (formerly: 2020 Presidential Candidates Thread) (Part 1)

New ranked-choice poll puts Warren on top. Obviously we don’t have a ranked-choice voting system, but this suggests Warren would come out significantly above Biden if Bernie drops out.

7 Likes

So who’s ready for Warren and Bernie versus Biden tonight?

6 Likes

What he did was get Amy Klobuchar to giggle uncontrollably. That’s a first.

8 Likes
5 Likes
6 Likes

Biden not sounding especially coherent this evening.

4 Likes

Yeah, pretty much.

6 Likes

Yeah he was almost babbling there. “Make sure the record player is on at night.” Wow. And hasn’t that 30,000-word finding been contested/debunked?

3 Likes

Protesters just interrupted Biden trying to stumble his way through the final question on “setbacks.” Not a great look tonight.

3 Likes

You mean for the protesters? Because when the moderator basically forces Biden to talk about the deaths of his wife and son, and then a bunch of hecklers starts screaming at him, I don’t think Biden is the one who looks bad.

Not the late night comedy guy I’d expect to have the hottest take on this debate tonight

6 Likes

It didn’t look good on them either, but he was stumbling on the question before they started (though he hadn’t gotten to the dead family part yet) and he never quite recovered his delivery.

2 Likes

I agree, though don’t think that will be held against him except by people who are already determined to hold things against him. (Likewise the attacks from Castro; they were deserved, but Biden came out looking better.)

Sorry for posting while Klobuchar was talking, but (a) why is she still in it?, and (b) she was happy to step on Buttigieg’s time with her derisive laughter at Yang.

I mean… even Joe sounded soft on white collar crime to the swamp dwellers.

4 Likes

I counted at least three times moderators stopped Biden from continuing his word-ramble, out of consideration for the quality of the debate but also possibly to stop the man from embarrassing himself.

4 Likes

Did he do anything historic that no candidate has done before? I didn’t watch. I’m curious what the heck he’s was talking about.

He said he was giving away a bunch of money to some families. Not the usual way politicians buy votes. It cracked Klobuchar up.

He also gave a genuinely good little speech on immigration, that balanced out the goofiness of the bribery thing (and of saying, I’m not making this up, that because he’s Asian he knows a lot of doctors).

4 Likes

giuliani
giuliani

9 Likes
11 Likes