2020 Election Thread (formerly: 2020 Presidential Candidates Thread) (Part 1)

Actually a lot less.

4 Likes

Oh, I’m well aware. Conversely, my 72 year old mother is convinced Sanders is the second coming of Stalin. She doesn’t get out much, and has viewed entirely too much Faux Noise over the last decade. I’d like to believe such red-baiting isn’t very effective on post-cold war audiences.

8 Likes

There’s SMH and then there’s this

12 Likes

Noooooooooo Andy what’re you doing

4 Likes

Aaaaaand I think we’re done with Andrew Yang. Thanks Andy. No thanks.

11 Likes

Some medical woo to match his techno-utopian lukewarm neoliberalism. Maybe Marianne Williamson can join them and bring along Goopy.

9 Likes

Thread:

12 Likes
11 Likes

For me, Warren wins the “who do I want to sit down and have a beer with” contest. Maybe it’s a gin & tonic or a glass of wine, instead, but she wins the non-beer categories for me, too.

11 Likes

I’d totally do shots with her.

6 Likes

Spike TV is still on the air? I thought they changed over to the Paramount Network quite a while ago.

8 Likes

https://www.staradvertiser.com/2019/10/12/news/what-exactly-is-tulsi-gabbard-up-to

(No onebox?)

Here’s NYT original, which oneboxes. The answer to the hed, apparently, is impressing all the wrong people (at least if one cares about liberal democracy).

One hopes her recent rejection of the anti-LGBT cult she was involved with and which she was praising as late as 2015 is genuine.

9 Likes

It’s okay. This news will only shock the “conscious” so Liz is still gonna be in good shape with half the people…
conscious

5 Likes

She hasn’t rejected the cult. Her social and professional network here is drawn from people with ties to Butler.

7 Likes

Newaldass said he was told the house belonged to Spike TV, a network that no longer exists after parent company Viacom changed the channel’s name to the Paramount Network in 2018.

3 Likes

yang subscribes to the magical thinking that if we give people cold hard cash - remake citizens into consumers - all social needs will be solved

it’s no wonder he subscribes to other magical thinking of the like that oz peddles

people only hear his “i’m going to give you money” and not his “and take everything else away.” it’s unfortunate

6 Likes

Thanks. The NYMag article implied she’d distanced herself from their homophobia, but if the cultists are still in her life that’s one more group of creeps who support her run.

There’s also a strain of techno-utopianism running through his campaign. He and Gabbard and Williamson really need to get out of the way and let the other Dems debate reality-based solutions to serious problems.

7 Likes

No one else cracked double digits.

In the most recent George Washington University Politics Poll, the senator from Massachusetts leads the Democratic field with 28 percent of the vote. Sanders is second at 21 percent, and Biden, the front-runner since his entrance into the race, is at 18 percent. South Bend, Ind., Mayor Pete Buttigieg and Sen. Kamala D. Harris each draw 5 percent.

8 Likes

the debate is on the radio

this format hasn’t changed in decades

3 Likes