2020 Election Thread (formerly: 2020 Presidential Candidates Thread) (Part 1)

7 Likes

No wonder he’s the Biden supporters’ alternate choice. Both of them remind me of the useless Good Place committee on “The Good Place”, whose greeting to the demons from the Bad Place is:

We’re willing to give up all of our leverage, compromise, and meet you halfway!

7 Likes

Are there recent polls on this? I dug down in the recent Monmouth poll of Iowa Democrats, and while it does discuss second choices and there are some surprising crosstabs there(*) they didn’t have the second choice stratified by first choice.

(And some really bizarre ones. For example, Biden’s favorability among women is much higher than his favorability among men.)

1 Like

Apparently from when he was running for Treasurer. Needs confirmation these days.

4 Likes
10 Likes

Billionaires are more worried about Warren than Sanders.

Telling, this.

12 Likes

Don’t these guys know everyone hates them, and these very public anti-endorsements only make her stronger? What happened to silently manipulating public opinion through dark-money superpacs? Did they guys forget about Citizen’s United? Or are grassroots fundraising and no-pac pledges actually scaring these pheasants into flushing themselves out?

9 Likes

Won’t somebody think of the poor, downtrodden billionaires?/s

Really, Warren and Sanders are the most conservative candidates of any party in the 2020 race. They want to dial the clock back to the 50’s (at least where it concerns the tax code :wink: ).

10 Likes

Oh, yes.

It’s also just weird- they’re all like 70 years old. They couldn’t get rid of all that money before they die no matter how hard they might try.

Say - I need to start marketing Ethereal Bitcoin. Gaslight them that they really can take it with them. Then scoop it all up after they’re planted.

8 Likes

https://twitter.com/carlbeijer/status/1192969220641951755?s=21

5 Likes

Pssst, Pete, the secret is that you charge the billionaires more in tax than they would pay in tuition, and then you let them use the same program while they’re still spending their money subsidizing everyone else. They might even whine less (if only).

13 Likes

I didn’t say it makes sense. Unless, of course, it’s projection.

3 Likes

Or manufactured.

Warren’s campaign was suffering under the (accurate, IMO) perception that she is part of the oligarch-corrupted Dem establishment. So they’ve been pushing hard over the last month to try and promote a counter-narrative.

2 Likes
11 Likes

Should this post cross-reference to the Black Lives Matter thread?

6 Likes

Black education matters?

7 Likes

To be fair, Booker’s eloquent manner of speech has been cited 596 times while Buttigieg’s has just had 79 mentions. I don’t see how you could make this a race thing. /s

9 Likes
1 Like

Pete still has a very, VERY long way to go to win over black voters and that fact has been haunting him for such a long time. Maybe he could make some small inroads tonight in the debate.

By the way. When and where is the debate is happening tonight? Nevermind, i’ll google it pretty quickly…

What time is the debate?

The debate will air live at 9 p.m. ET on Wednesday from Tyler Perry Studios in Atlanta. It will run for two hours.

https://www.cnn.com/2019/11/20/politics/how-to-watch-democratic-debate/index.html

Okay, it can’t be that bad of news for him. It’s not like they named the place in the lot where the debate will be held will after Oprah…

3 Likes

That bad man Obama should have held her in solitary for life.

12 Likes