2020 Election Thread (Part 2)

I’m no expert, but going by stuff I see elsewhere on the net, Trump basically has no chance whatsoever.

2 Likes

NAACP LDF Sues Trump on Behalf of Black Detroit Residents, Allege Voting Rights Act Violation for Attempts to Block Michigan’s Vote Certification

9 Likes

Michigan and Pennsylvania are set to do so Monday, and Nevada will on Tuesday. Arizona and Wisconsin have certification deadlines next week.

10 Likes

The GSA employee who is supposed to approve the transition process.

13 Likes

Maybe the anti-rejection drugs are the expensive part.

6 Likes

Christie is this close to realizing that Christie is an idiot.

13 Likes

The problem is that he’s been sitting on that edge for most of his life.

4 Likes

With as often as as hard as the Trump administration stomped on his face - you would think he’d have caught on in the first year.

Dude has no self respect.

11 Likes

Sylvia-popcorn

6 Likes

The Supreme Court declined to hear arguments relating to the certification in Pennsylvania today, so anyone who thought Trump’s lawyers were playing some brilliant game of 4-dimensional chess to get his case in front of a friendly SCOTUS might want to reevaluate that.

17 Likes

I still hate the false characterization of those mail-in ballots as “late-arriving.” They didn’t arrive late, they arrived on time. They were counted later than the Election Day votes because Pennsylvania GOP leaders prevented them from being counted as they arrived, the way they should.

18 Likes

Yes, that’ll own the libs.

13 Likes

Oh no! Not that! Anything but that! :blush::rofl::joy::wink:

14 Likes

Agree. All the semantics surrounding our elections are messed up. I hate “early voting” ffs it’s just voting. Also “election day” and so many other misleading descriptions of the process. My wish is we could have a voting period, a counting period, and the results announcement day.

8 Likes

“Not the Briar Patch!!

8 Likes

Universal vote-by-mail is the way to go, with ballots counted as they arrive. That’s how you get definitive results on the day-of. That and automatic voter registration so there is little to no confusion about “illegal voting.”

10 Likes

but. how. would. republicans. win. !!!???

10 Likes

What are the odds that the Supreme Court will actually hear any of the cases? Will they just decline all of them?

Short answer: yes.

7 Likes

in this case i think it’s accurate. it’s about votes received by the post office on election day, and received at the election’s office after. not every state allows that, so they are a special sort of ballot from that perspective

also, it’s interesting that the supreme court didn’t deny the petition they simply didn’t put in on the docket. which is clever. not having to decide on even having to decide.

technically they could still hear it later, and i suppose throw out the certification ( against all precedent ) if they were so inclined

6 Likes