2020 Presidential candidates and their dogs

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2019/06/17/2020-presidential-candidates-a.html

3 Likes

but the real important question is, who has a cat?

20 Likes

My cat would be cool enough to go on the campaign trail, but I worry that it would cause me to lose in the polls.

7 Likes

Cats have cats. There is no information yet as to which cats have presidential candidates.

16 Likes

I honestly didn’t recall that the Clintons got a dog near the end if Bill’s second term. I only remembered Socks, the First Cat.

More notably, 45 is the only president with no pets.

15 Likes

I wonder how many of them got a dog because a political consultant told them it polled well.

7 Likes

Trump has no pets because even an ugly animal might attract attention away from him for a moment and he couldn’t take that…me me me look at me only, pathetic excuse for a human being.

10 Likes

Rejected by Trump for just that reason.

uYVvrL7uSD%5B1%5D

10 Likes

Cats teach their owners that blind loyalty and approval from morons is worthless. As a result, cat owners are less attracted to the political world.

4 Likes

100%. If you are running for president, you don’t have time for a dog, outside of photo ops, which means one of your staffers now has a dog.

8 Likes

All of Trump’s relationships are transactional. The only way he’ll let a dog into his life is if he meets one that can provide legal services, and Snoopy has higher standards than that.

10 Likes

My wife sent this to me this morning. I haven’t tried it because it doesn’t really interest me, and who knows where your phone number goes from that point, but it seems to fit with the topic of the post.

2 Likes

I love the one with the German Shepherd Major and his attack dog Joe.

They say people eventual look like their pets. This one’s off to a great start.

5 Likes

Or, I mean, other members of your family do.

3 Likes

One of my favorite, totally relatable anecdotes about Jimmy Carter is that he once got up in the middle of the night to let the dog out and accidentally locked himself outside the White House, alone and in his pajamas.

6 Likes

Bailey would vote for her and I would too.

Now I’m picturing a shivering Jimmy Carter, staring with growing concern at the empty Secret Service guard house, as a wolf howls from a distant corner of the South Lawn.

3 Likes

2 Likes

If it’s any consolation, he could’ve sheltered in Amy’s South Lawn treehouse.

2 Likes