Trevor Noah exposes the mounting Biden 'scandals' that are horrifying the GOP

Originally published at: Trevor Noah exposes the mounting Biden 'scandals' that are horrifying the GOP | Boing Boing

8 Likes

Well. . . at least he hasn’t worn a tan suit to a press conference yet.

horror

24 Likes

Or tried to DICTATE what people put on their hot dogs.

9 Likes

12 Likes

That guy, “Not a very presidential dog like Millie or Victory”.

H.W. Bush and Reagan’s dogs, both retrievers. Checking up on Democratic president’s pets:

A retriever, and I guess another outdoorsy type dog which most people are unfamiliar with (neat read).

Petty politics from commentators at its finest. The only “Good Dogs” are the ones owned by Republican presidents.

17 Likes

And Bill Clinton caught flack from the right when he entered office with only a pet cat. Yet nary a Republican eyebrow was raised when Trump repeatedly expressed disgust at the very idea of canine companionship.

27 Likes

Called this yesterday:

3 Likes

what i love, of course, is that he didn’t even call anyone a neanderthal – he said thinking that everything was okay “neanderthal thinking”… so everyone who took umbrage was saying, yes: we are terrible at comprehension, and yes we falsely believe everything’s just fine.

what floored me was the middle guy’s spot on impression of trump. yeah, he’s much less orange and at least a hundred pounds lighter – but the head tilt and hand lift, the cadence and word choice. all straight from trump.

9 Likes

End COVID. Ignore politics. My 2 dreams for the new year :pray:

4 Likes

Just as Hillary Clinton didn’t call all Trump voters “deplorable,” she said some people supported him out of genuine economic concerns/frustration with the status quo while others were the “deplorables” who supported him out of racism or sexism.

So of course the Trumpists’ takeaway was “deplorable and proud of it!”

20 Likes

This Fox rhetoric will work, of course. The joke is lost on the people who need to hear it.

Normal healthy people look at everything that happened under Trump and see a new low point in American democracy that is in stark contrast to what used to be considered “bad things” in politics.

If you don’t feel Trump did anything wrong, then your mind is still on the old scale of “scandal” and Biden telling people what to put on their hotdogs or whatever is appropriate bluster for Fox. The mind blowing ridiculousness of the contrast to things Trump did is only visible if you believe Trump did anything wrong.

So remember- 70% of Republicans still supported Trump after the insurrection. Never forget that’s where we are now. They have rejected reality and substituted their own.

14 Likes

What’s really galling to Republicans is that President Biden doesn’t have the guts to commit idiotic, blatant crimes like a real patriot.

4 Likes

Nice. I see that they are still extrapolating from what was actually said to ratchet up their faux outrage. Biden didn’t say that anyone was a Neanderthal; he said that some were thinking like a Neanderthal. Apparently at Fox, if you say someone is acting like an ass, you mean that they are literally a donkey.

7 Likes

i do like Noah’s point that, unintentionally or not, he got them to admit they believe in evolution.

7 Likes

Increasingly, I think she was overly generous to the Trump voters.

6 Likes

17 Likes

Didn’t Hoover have a possum?

I’m OUTRAGED (no wait, I don’t care what pet they have, as it shows that they at least have some empathy for another life form, and aren’t some sort of narcissistic orange sociopath…)

4 Likes

I thought that he ate one, or was that…

Roosevelt I think.

1 Like

Number 1 or Number 2 Roosevelt?

2 Likes