2020 Uprising: Enough is Enough

This. Step one belongs to the authorities. If they want to get out of the other side of this, they have to take the first step. It’s not on the protesters to take the first step. Drop the curfews, prosecute the violent cops, start the reform now and they can reasonably expect the protesters to calm. They can’t reasonably expect protesters to stop protesting as police escalate the violence that started this; continue the injustice that started this.

12 Likes

The site was up, it is now down, and LMPF are claiming that it was not them that did it. It is possible that it was done by some other pro-cop piece of shit; it is also possible that the LMPF are just lying.

Personally, I am disinclined to give the cops the benefit of the doubt at the moment.

13 Likes

https://twitter.com/eoinhiggins_/status/1267599730491695110?s=21

11 Likes

I’m not inclined to give them any leeway either, and it’s entirely possible that they’re just lying after getting caught. I’d just prefer sticking to the mountains of other explicit documentation of the cops being shitbags without making declarations that lack evidence, for the same reason I’m apprehensive about the AutoZone “cop” narrative, even if it seems likely.

5 Likes

um, no

electoral vote

10 Likes
16 Likes

Or the flaming heart from Temple of Doom.

3 Likes

Thread:

10 Likes
18 Likes

“Mr. President, is this still a democracy?”

14 Likes

Grindr managed to find a way to trip over the insultingly low bar set by the standard of “pro-BLM puff post”.

12 Likes
17 Likes
11 Likes

That was pretty surreal. What goes on in those people‘s heads when they do that? There’s absolutely no fear that they are going to be held responsible for anything. They‘re probably doing this just for fun. Or to make sure there‘s no witnesses for what they‘re about to do.

Maybe it‘s time we remove the USA from the list of safe nations and offer political asylum to US PoC.

As many have probably heard, two days ago in Oakland, a federal police officer was shot and killed from a van, while standing guard duty at a federal building. Another officer was critically wounded.

Now here’s a twist to that story: the cop who was murdered was black.

https://richmondstandard.com/community/2020/05/31/community-mourns-death-of-federal-officer-dave-patrick-underwood/

2 Likes
15 Likes

my roomate, showing me their instagram feed just now, has tons of blank, empty photos where things were tagged blacklivesmatter, or where they had pictures of the protests.

several of their friends are also saying instagram is hiding blacklivesmatter posts.

anyone else seeing that, or know anything about it?

[ edit: apparently, someone had the bright idea of posting a black screen as a thing of “solidarity” – it looks like such a significant number of people are doing it that you cant actually find pictures from the protests if they are tagged blacklivesmatter right now. ]

5 Likes

It reminds me of Nazi belt buckles with words: “Gott mit uns” (no idea what The Outreach Foundation is, just linking for the image):

3 Likes

How do we know that’s not a copy of The Art of the Deal inside that cover?

8 Likes

Yup. And it’s seriously pissing off the real activists, because it’s jamming their comms channels.

There’s history here, too; there have been several instances in the past in which wealthy white celebs tried to promote Twitter boycotts (generally in response to Trump posting something that offended their sense of decorum), and which working-class/Black activists responded to with a hearty “fuck off”.

Twitter has many flaws, but it has also been a crucial organising channel for working class activists. It’s free, and it has a wide reach. The people who can’t get on CNN or MSNBC rely upon it.

11 Likes