2020 Uprising: Enough is Enough

9 Likes

Yeah. We got a long way to go.

7 Likes

https://twitter.com/brittanieshey/status/1268963851648806912?s=21

13 Likes
9 Likes

Person giving orders would be powerless without those who follow them.

5 Likes

https://twitter.com/runolgarun/status/1269028395599331328?s=21

10 Likes
14 Likes

Capitalism is foundationally based upon white supremacy. The wealth and dominance of the Euro-American-Australasian white capitalist powers is, to this day, derived from the genocide, expropriation and enslavement of the global south.

22 Likes

Oh no, please don’t resign! /s

It’s ridiculous that they’re still getting paid, though.

I wish I could resign and still get paid.

11 Likes

that’s not something id ever thought id read. abbott generally makes makes trump seem like a sensible moderate by comparison

3 Likes

Apparently, all they did was to resign their position on the special response team, they remain police officers.

I think that second part should change, however. They’ve made their true loyalties abundantly clear.

Scenario I would like to see:

• Mayor of Buffalo instructs the chief of police to put all 57 officers on administrative leave pending disciplinary hearings to determine if they’ll be allowed to retain their jobs.
  • Mayor of Buffalo gets on the air and tells the people of Buffalo what he’s done, why he’s done it, and respectfully requests they rise to the occasion by observing the curfew and showing that the police presence literally was the problem, not the solution.
17 Likes

True - but it’s the local cops who have been out of control.

The US military is 30% African American and 20% Latinx. These National Guard guys were setting up field hospitals, delivering food and caring for the sick just two weeks ago in the heart of the pandemic. The cops were being cops in Minneapolis two weeks ago. Federalizing the military for domestic action is turning them against Trump.

Not sure the same is happening with the cops.

10 Likes
14 Likes
6 Likes
11 Likes
14 Likes

Reminder of a thread from 2017:

Abuse of people with disabilities has always been an intrinsic part of fascism.

24 Likes

This is a free episode about copaganda:

6 Likes
5 Likes

it feels a bit like a subversion. as if a few tweaks could fix the problems. i do think the ideas are good, my personal take is just that there’s a bigger picture.

namely, we have to stop using police for most of the various things we use them for. the size of “forces” - if they’re needed at all - should be tiny compared to what we have.

the guns should be literally for the best of the best, who have proven themselves through years of unarmed community support. and only brought out as an absolute last resort.

5 Likes