2022 Russian invasion of Ukraine (Part 1)

wreaked havoc in Russia

Wreak havoc—where have we heard that name before?

2 Likes

All That Nicksplat GIF by NickRewind

18 Likes

14 posts were split to a new topic: When is antisemitism not antisemitism

Ouch. Sounds like “Sorry Republicans, we couldn’t tell you we were going to Ukraine because we knew you’d deliberately leak it to the media, or Putin directly, in the hopes of getting us all killed.”

30 Likes

I Guess So Gavin Free GIF by Rooster Teeth

22 Likes

They think they can split the UK away from “the West” … with nuclear threats, of all things :confused:

6 Likes
17 Likes

It’s bizarre, given that “if a nuclear power wants to nuke you you won’t be able to stop enough of them” has been generally accepted for ages now. On the other hand, combining a factual claim that, yes, thermonuclear warheads are very dangerous, with a heavily hyped and very questionably delivered super-extra-dangerous-with-kung-fu-grip system seems very much in character. Some days it’s those supercavitating torpedos that are going to make aircraft carriers that don’t get taken out by their own drydocks an endangered species; other days it’s super hypersonic missiles.

If it weren’t strictly forbidden by law to make impolitic suggestions about who is emulating which side of the Great Patriotic War I’d be inclined to wonder if there’s someone with a real thing for Wunderwaffe in the Kremlin.

9 Likes

Short thread:

11 Likes

The absolute bastards said, according to the translation I saw on Sunday, “the British Isles”.
Fuckers, that means war yiz bastards.

19 Likes

As long as Piers Morgan goes first I don’t care.

12 Likes

To be fair it’s also because they are military allies. Russia and Israel collaborate in Syria where Russia has long done the heavy lifting in support of the Assad regime. Israel has quite a long history allies that you would imagine it has to hold its nose to be anywhere near…

12 Likes

I’d sooner they targeted him with polonium than wipe out millions of people. But if they did wipe out millions of people with a fictional weapon at least it wouldn’t be all in vain if he died.

They had the wave reaching Paris IIRC.

9 Likes

This is heartbreaking

And, as if they haven’t suffered enough, wonder who he copied this time

9 Likes

5 Likes

Yeah, I’m much more in favour of “no fiery death for anyone” myself.

13 Likes

Are they? Doesn’t seem like the Iran-backed Assad Regime would be all that popular in Israel? Seems more like they like the steady stream of immigrants who back the right wing government, tho.

5 Likes

They are totally in a military alliance with Russia in Syria. The current regime is one they are happy to keep it seems.

I have read prior to this that, rather than what is said in that report, they use Russian intelligence for target acquisition.

9 Likes

confused schitts creek GIF by CBC

But I guess it makes sense to keep the “threat” to Israel going if you want to keep a right wing, military happy regime in power.

I still think the steady flow of right wing immigrants is part of that, though.

14 Likes

This time, it’s ecclesiastical.

9 Likes