2022 Russian invasion of Ukraine (Part 1)

If they are using civilian cell phones to communicate, then that means they have to leave up Ukrainians cell towers, which allows them to communicate easily too.

15 Likes
13 Likes

Unfortunately it’s still available in the US

14 Likes

Apparently a favourite of right-wing militias in the US. As seen at the Capitol riot.

ETA: Not implying anything about you. Those radios are popular with all sorts.

14 Likes

I didn’t immediately know which side this was supposed to mean

8 Likes

Indeed they are. If you’re not sure you wanna drop over a hundred bucks to play around with HAM radio, there’s no better option.

13 Likes

Pop Tv Reaction GIF by Schitt's Creek

20 Likes

the progress of history–

31 Likes

Oh, fer fuck’s sake. :face_with_symbols_over_mouth:

16 Likes

Wow. I suppose it could be worse.

They could be using radios that send a periodic digital status ping, including location. Unencrypted, that would be kind of deadly.

This is an old school attack, where the school is the Czar’s WWI army.

7 Likes

If it was so easy to shut down the Russian Jethro Trull farms; we should have done so much earlier.

12 Likes
23 Likes

Putin might as well get it over with and blame “Not Me” from Family Circus. “Who’s responsible for invading a sovereign nation for no good reason, Vovka?”

14 Likes

Bryan Cranston Reaction GIF

23 Likes

And their other homes, too. Including their condos in a certain ugly NYC tower owned by an orange arsehole.

While we’re at it, let’s put those private jets and yachts to good use for evacuating refugees from Ukraine.

[by the way, this should include the property of the oligarchs currently out of Russia who “suddenly” are calling for peace. They don’t get to jump off their lord and master’s bandwagon now.]

23 Likes
19 Likes

(Sculpture from Babyn Yar memorial park. On September 29-30, 1941, 34.000 Jewish men, women, and children were marched to the ravine, stripped, and machine-gunned into what became a mass grave. POWs immediately covered it over, suffocating any who might still be alive. Over the next 2 years another 70,000 people buried there, mainly Jews but also others including Russian POWs, so this attack is also disrespecting Russian war heroes.)

17 Likes

Ugh–this is a “Let 100 Flowers Bloom and Contend” stealth name-harvesting custerfk:

ETA: corrected name of Chinese campaign, added link

18 Likes

I saw the headline earlier and assumed someone had a briefing paper accidentally visible because they’re incompetent… but it’s a presentation with a giant map telling you what they’re up to?

Is you taking notes giving an internationally aired presentation on a criminal fucking war crime?

ETA: Since this was misinterpreted, I was expressing shock at the openness their plans are being aired, even to the point of broadcasting the expansion of the invasion into another country.

14 Likes

Man, you know the world hates you when the country that refused to take sides in a war against Adolf-Fucking-Hitler thinks it’s time to take a stand.

31 Likes