2022 Russian invasion of Ukraine (Part 2)

I was just riffing on their reported lack of tank troops who would also protect against close range anti tank weapons.

7 Likes

You don’t often see Lieder in Old High German on BoingBoing.

16 Likes

Well, it seemed appropriate

9 Likes
10 Likes
10 Likes

I don’t imagine winter will do it much good in the meantime.

10 Likes
6 Likes

So is he running short?

11 Likes

After pandering to milbloggers with mobilisation and missiles, Putin is shutting them down.

10 Likes

I am confused. Am I supposed to take authoritarians by their word, or doubt everything pathological liars say?
Also, what was that about the goals and aims were still the same?

Bah, nevermind. I’m at a loss either way.

13 Likes
9 Likes

3 Likes

A Wagner PMC employee and an FSB officer have requested political asylum in France, Vladimir Osechkin, head of the Gulagu.net media project, told The Insider. According to Osechkin, the two are now giving testimonies to help the international investigation into Russia’s war crimes. Their testimony details the corruption schemes in Russia’s Federal Security Service (FSB), as well as the history of the establishment of the Wagner Private Military Company as a «branch» of the GRU (Russia’s military intelligence service – Translator’s note), said Osechkin. According to him, several members of Russia’s special services have already been able to leave Russia in recent months and seek asylum abroad. They are also testifying.

12 Likes

This might explain all the bizarre deaths. Someone is cleaning up the witnesses.

7 Likes

So Vladimir Putin said he believed the mobilisation of army reservists ordered last month would be completed in two weeks.

His naivety would be almost sweet if he weren’t a murderous terrorist.

Anyone want to bet on his belief being proved true? Thought not.

Putin: ‘partial mobilisation’ to be completed in two weeks, total of 222,000 called up

Vladimir Putin said on Friday he believed the “partial mobilisation” of army reservists ordered last month would be completed in two weeks, boosting Russia’s fighting force.

He told reporters after attending a summit in Kazakhstan on Friday that a total of 222,000 reservists would be called up, down from the 300,000 figure initially circulated.

A total of 33,000 of them were said to be already in military units, and 16,000 are involved in the military operation in Ukraine.

13 Likes

How many of those are already POWs or dead, I wonder.

8 Likes

Maybe that’s Putin’s cunning plan. Overwhelm Ukraine with 200,000 POWs.
How could they accommodate that number?

8 Likes

Re: “Don’t Panic”

Anybody notice that all the Fallout Shelters are gone? Just say’n.

4 Likes
12 Likes
15 Likes