2022 Russian invasion of Ukraine (Part 2)

They’ve admitted to cancer, I thought.

7 Likes

Maybe? I had not heard, but I know I read somewhere that he has parkinson’s… if that’s true, I don’t know, but that would explain a brace in public.

Happy cake day!

Tina Fey Nbc GIF by Saturday Night Live

11 Likes

Thanks, but it’s not MY cake day! I must have listed my birthday as the first of the year just to put something in the space.

15 Likes

Putin’s insurance probably covers both braces and body armor as medically necessary DME.

6 Likes

Isn’t it the anniversary of your first signup/post?

3 Likes

Thats an entirely different cake. Both taste about the same though

Birthday
birthday

Anniversary
cake

13 Likes

Definitely Kevlar.

2 Likes

SAPI plates.

6 Likes

Still… cake!

jennifer lawrence cake GIF

12 Likes
7 Likes
10 Likes

“The Strategic Communications Directorate of Ukraine’s Armed Forces claimed Sunday that some 400 mobilized Russian soldiers were killed in a vocational school building in Makiivka and about 300 more were wounded. That claim could not be independently verified. The Russian statement said the strike occurred “in the area of Makiivka” and didn’t mention the vocational school.”

Apparently ammunition was stored in the barracks, making the larger figure plausible. Russian commenters are not pleased.

12 Likes

https://twitter.com/maryilyushina/status/1609165067374714882

Not new, but useful background on Kadyrov’s soldiers:

Fighters from the Chechen battalions have emerged as Ukrainian war figures most touted by the media - some of them involuntarily (as, for example, the Akhmat fighter Ochur-Suge Mongush, who tortured a Ukrainian prisoner on camera), and some quite consciously, such as Ruslan Geremeyev, an accomplice to Nemtsov’s murder, who had headed Kadyrov’s mercenaries in Ukraine and posted all his adventures on social media before he was wounded. Ramzan Kadyrov tries to present his soldiers as Russian patriots, who willingly and effectively carry out combat tasks, but in reality they are mercenaries from various regions, either forcibly recruited (as punishment for various violations) or lured by the money (promised but often not paid), poorly capable of performing real combat tasks, but assiduously making and posting staged “Rambo-style” videos, often from far behind the lines. The Insider’s sources, who fought in Kadyrov’s forces, say they are treated like cannon fodder by the army, and those who want to desert are killed or tortured, for example by montage foam being injected up their anuses.

8 Likes

Unbreakable

16 Likes
14 Likes

Sounds like Bakhmut might be Prigozhin’s Stalingrad, then.

6 Likes
10 Likes

Everyone on the Senate Intel Committee knew this, not just Mr McCain.

17 Likes
12 Likes
12 Likes