2022 Russian invasion of Ukraine (Part 2)

I mean, yeah, that’s kind of the point, Zoran. Prolong the war so Russia doesn’t just overrun Ukraine.

18 Likes
11 Likes
8 Likes

… whether it prolongs or shortens the war depends on which side ultimately wins :thinking:

6 Likes
7 Likes
12 Likes

Watched the first episode of this yesterday, informative stuff – hope readers can find a way to access it

9 Likes
13 Likes
13 Likes
11 Likes
16 Likes
10 Likes
10 Likes

I am of two minds about Freddy Varlys and OIP: on one hand, he seems to have been betting on people wanting to kill each other, and hopes to turn a profit. The other mindset is that he considered human nature, the short-sightedness of governments, and preserved military equipment for such situations as this, since he does seem to have scruples.

As for the Leopard I, it’s pretty much in the same league as the M60 Patton tank: very much a 1960’s design, and not nearly on the same level as the Leopard II series. But still a solid tank, better than anything the Soviets made.

8 Likes
10 Likes

Yeah, my initial instinct was correct: whoever buys weapons is valuing money over human lives. Sad, but I am glad I didn’t get too emotionally invested.

7 Likes
6 Likes
10 Likes
8 Likes

My complete layman’s confident analysis of high-level international politics:

US is not going to give F-16s to Ukraine, or publicly commit to doing so, as long as the negotiations about whether Turkey will get F-16s are ongoing, and Turkey’s ratification of Finland and Sweden’s NATO memberships are still on the table.

7 Likes