2022 Russian invasion of Ukraine (Part 2)

12 Likes

Putin ran out of 18-20 year old Russian men to use as cannon fodder, didnā€™t he?

14 Likes

That sounds more like triumphalist bluster from the talking heads on Russian television than real news.

10 Likes

Italian authorities seized artworks and other valuable properties from Lanfranco Cirillo, the architect who designed what is dubbed ā€œPutinā€™s Palace.ā€ The enormous luxury property on the Black Sea allegedly belongs to Putin, though he and Cirillo have both denied that.

7 Likes

Call me crazy; but 100,000 extra mouths to feed, whose combat training consists entirely of guarding their side of a DMZ thatā€™s within easy artillery range of much of South Korea and within easy transportation range of home doesnā€™t strike me as what the well-oiled Russian logistics machine needs most at the momentā€¦

10 Likes

Their supposed skill in artillery is precisely what interests this ā€œdefence expertā€.

ā€œIf North Korean volunteers with their artillery systems, wealth of experience with counter battery warfare and large calibre multiple launch rocket systems, made in North Korea, want to participate in the conflict, well letā€™s give the green light to their volunteer impulse.ā€

He said: ā€œIf North Korea expresses a desire to meet its international duty to fight against Ukrainian fascism, we should let them.ā€

It was the ā€œsovereign right of the DPR and LPR to sign the relevant agreementsā€.

8 Likes

Giving this a ā€œlikeā€ for how unbelievably stupid that rationale is.

9 Likes

Maybe Putin just needs help with a purge.

7 Likes

Maybe Kim needs a way of getting rid of senior military staff.

7 Likes

What actual experience do they have, though? North Korea may like stirring up trouble with its neighbors every few years but hasnā€™t actively fought anything resembling an actual (hot) war since the armistice in 1953. I doubt they have many active-duty soldiers that have ever been fired on by an artillery battery.

In comparison, countries like the U.S. and Russia have had a hell of a lot of experience sending troops to invade other countries over the decades. Not a record to be proud of, but one that leads to having a lot of ā€œexperience.ā€

7 Likes

https://www.cnn.com/2022/08/05/europe/russian-hypersonic-missile-scientist-arrest-treason-hnk-intl/index.html

Funny how the US suddenly has its own hypersonic weapon isnā€™t it?

8 Likes

They have some recent experience of firing artillery at the enemy and being fired on.

4 Likes

Who says Putinā€™s going to feed them? He barely feeds his own soldiers. I suspect that Kimā€™s troops are trained to forage and loot to survive once theyā€™re outside North Korea.

11 Likes
6 Likes

I see no reason to believe those Russian reports. Neither should anyone else, until and unless thereā€™s some actual evidence from trustworthy (ie. not Russian) sources that anything is happening.

6 Likes
10 Likes

Russiaā€™s youth sadly lacking in patriotism.

16 Likes

Looks like he did a 180 at some point in his life and is now cheering on abusive assholes

13 Likes

I think there are a few options there but Iā€™m going to go with the Uighurs.

16 Likes

I wasnā€™t sure whether to go with Tibet or Hong Kong.

13 Likes