2022 Russian invasion of Ukraine (Part 3)

7 Likes

I am assuming that Zelensky is simply being a politician who realizes he has around a 50/50 chance of having to deal with Trump in 6 months…right?

Don’t get me started on the fact that a CANDIDATE contacts a head of state to negotiate a war months before Election Day.

Former President Donald Trump spoke with Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelenskyy on Friday for the first time since Russia’s full-scale invasion of Ukraine, and unlike their last controversial phone call, both sides claimed to be satisfied with how the conversation went.

https://www.politico.com/news/2024/07/19/trump-zelenskyy-ukraine-call-00169905

4 Likes

I’m sure this was all coordinated with Orban… to put yet more pressure on Zelensky to capitulate. I think it also tells us just how confident Trump is about winning in the fall, too. They think they’ve already won after the shooting.

6 Likes

Yes, but Zelensky is ALSO saying it was a good call. That strikes me as factually unlikely, you know?

3 Likes

Could be… But what do I know.

1 Like

I don’t “know” either, but it’s being reported by reputable international media too, so I have to believe it’s not just a Trump lie to make himself seem more important.

The thought of Ukraine possibly having to navigate fighting Russia without our equipment is frightening.

3 Likes

8 Likes

3 Likes
3 Likes

5 Likes
6 Likes
7 Likes

Alternative possible explanation about why Putin didn’t withdraw: overwhelming fear

7 Likes

I think Putin’s worst nightmare is that those returning vets get radicalized and start making political demands.

5 Likes

Prigozhin demanded that Putin sack Shoigu and Gerasimov. He did, once Prigozhin was dead and enough time had passed to disconnect his decision from Prigozhin’s demands.

4 Likes
4 Likes

Wouldn’t be the first time that happened in Russia…

7 Likes

7 Likes
6 Likes
7 Likes