2022 Russian invasion of Ukraine (Part 3)

5 Likes
7 Likes

This is what war looks when you donā€™t have overwhelming air superiority coupled with the ability to employ smart bombs and cruise missiles at will. Ukraineā€™s forces are doing well given their limitations.

15 Likes

Didnā€™t those guys just lose a war against these guys?

11 Likes
5 Likes
6 Likes
4 Likes
4 Likes
4 Likes
7 Likes
5 Likes

I think a lot of people here, particularly from America, donā€™t get that Zelensky was an arsehole before Ukraine was invaded, he will be if and when Russia is defeated, and heā€™s an arsehole now, just one whose enemies are also mine.

But heā€™s a fucking dick.

ETA
When. When Russia loses. Look I canā€™t help think ā€œifā€ about Ukraine winning, but Russia is losing. That Iā€™m confident of.

4 Likes

But the right dick for the job.

6 Likes
5 Likes

Reminds me of someoneā€¦

11 Likes

If this is true Iā€™m going to send all my cardboard recycling to Australia and or Ukraine from now on.

ā€¦From Ukrainian sideā€¦early on 27 August, the SBU should have run an UAV-strike on Kalino Air Base/Kursk International. Reportedly, up to 16 Australian-made Spypaq were deployed to strike one radar of a S-300/SA-10 SAM-system, two Pantsyr/SA-22 SAM-systems, four Su-30s, and a single MiG-29. However, so far, havenā€™t seen any kind of evidence for such a success.

A Spypaq UAV, made of cardboard and rubber, and powered by an electric engine giving it a range of about 120km. De-facto undetectable by radar, and very hard even to hear.

6 Likes

Thatā€™s pretty interesting. Iā€™m surprised that they canā€™t get the cost down even further than $3500. I guess thatā€™s the cost of the ā€œmilitary-grade guidance systemā€ inside them.

10 Likes

Link from @anon48584343.

Scroll down for a scathing criticism of US reactions to, and analysis of, the way Ukraine is fighting the war.

8 Likes

That is not unsurprising. A lot of wartime leaders were real assholes, such as the one rightwing Americans worship: Churchill. One of the biggest assholes ever to walk the earth, but his dickishness was legendary. And he was piss poor at everything before as well as after the war.

I suspect with Zelensky it will be similar. But who knows, maybe heā€™s clever enough to pull a Cinncinatus and retire? I wouldnā€™t hold my breath.

9 Likes
7 Likes