2022 Russian invasion of Ukraine (Part 1)

Not content with just stirring up trouble in europe

12 Likes
16 Likes

let’s hope no one uses that as an excuse to provoke anyone to go ahead and fulfill that prophecy.

8 Likes
7 Likes
16 Likes

48 posts were split to a new topic: Fast Tracking Ukraine into the EU

11 Likes

They should update the warnings.

9 Likes

7 Likes
14 Likes
10 Likes

Add to that Putin’s strategy of using refugees as a political weapon. Chechnya, Syria, and now Ukraine.

Dump 20 million refugees on the west, crank up the xenophobia echo chambers, and what are Trump’s chances in 2024?

14 Likes

Russia warns that Moscow now considers arms shipments to Ukraine as ‘legitimate targets’ for military

A senior Russian diplomat has warned that from now on Moscow will consider arms shipments to Ukraine as “legitimate targets”.

He talks about ‘convoys’, possibly implying ‘attacked outside of Ukraine’

10 Likes

I’d imagine that the cargo is handed over at the border, so yes.

Meanwhile:

9 Likes

The first pic of the tweet shows what seems to be a destroyed Ukrainian T-64BV right next to the Liberation Memorial displaying a Soviet T34-85 in Volnovakha, Donestk Oblast.

8 Likes
17 Likes

I just got back from another tourist destination where I saw/eavesdropped on three Russian parties at various places (hotel, car rental, airport). They were all either making a hasty and early departure or were genuinely worried about how they’d pay their bills and get back home. They were speaking in low tones because they obviously didn’t want to get any grief for Putin’s war (which none seemed happy about).

My hope is that these tourists return to Russia and help spread the word about what a disaster attacking Ukraine is for their own country.

24 Likes

Length:
140 m (459 ft)

Annual Running Cost:
US$ 50 – 75 million

Features

Based on the available footage of the luxury yacht, we conclude that her features include a helicopter landing pad, a large pool, a cinema, and several entertainment areas. She also has a drone crashing system, which literally crashes drones from the air.

12 Likes

If they hit anything from NATO, even from Ukraine, he will be inviting a response.

It doesn’t even have to be the US who does it. A Polish convoy gets hit, maybe that is enough to get them to send air or ground support. It has probably chilled out since the 90s, but the Poles HATE Russia.

So the hot topic last night was chemical weapons in Ukraine. Would that be enough to warrant a UN response? Yes, I know, the UN is largely not really a force to reckon with. But, it COULD be. A loop hole to get troops from NATO nations, but under the UN banner? But I admit I have no googled to see if that is even possible, yet.

4 Likes

The Bank of Oligarchs and trump cons backs out of Russia only after a little criticism.

You just know they will still be dealing with all the best Russians. Assholes.

18 Likes