2D Art, Images, Doodles, Sketches, Paintings, Diagrams, What-Have-Yous

A collaborative piece with the kiddos:

19 Likes

First one to guess what this is wins… a lifetime supply of it! [shipping not included]

4 Likes

Dandruff?

2 Likes

Nope, but that just moved up a few spots on the ‘research’ schedule.

3 Likes

Huh—two different people just dropped off brand new boxes of colored chalk at our house (one anonymously). I guess that means we officially have patrons now!

13 Likes

Is it a fingernail clipping?

2 Likes

For that I could have sprung for a lifetime of shipping costs.

Let’s make it an Audio Daily Double:

3 Likes

We made a new driveway chalk mural today:

17 Likes

A couple days late for May the Fourth but here is the Mandalorian riding Rainbow Dash as he launches a jetpack-wearing Baby Yoda from a Poké Ball. Also featured: Space Kitty, Astronaut Dinosaur and Mr. & Ms. Pac-Man.

18 Likes

My daughter’s artwork, posted with her permission.

16 Likes

For no reason in particular I became hung up on drawing an owl soaking in a tub. I pretty rarely bother to do multiple drafts, especially when it’s just for funzies, but I’m glad I did, since for some reason it took 3 to realize he should be in a tree.

21 Likes

It seems that large part of US population doesn’t like to wear masks, because it is associated with showing disapproval of President:

I think that a simple product could help with that. The masks with political statement printed on the outside don’t seem to be good enough, so maybe there’s need for a mask that also has a print on the inside. Here’s a quick product visualization:

Thanks to @beschizza for the texture image.

I’m really sorry for all of this.

9 Likes

I believe the term is “■■■■■ owlett”

15 Likes

Christ, that looks like an anus with teeth…oh yeah, he really is an anus with teeth.

8 Likes

Flaccidus Anus Dentatus.

5 Likes

Found this while unpacking my studio this afternoon, the sole survivor of my last attempt to teach myself to paint.

I’m happier with it now than I was two years ago, which proves you should never throw anything out.

I wonder where I should put these styrofoam meat trays…?

17 Likes

The detail in the lettuce leaf is really good; too bad you stopped, you have real potential.

12 Likes

Thank you, that’s nice to hear, particularly from a visual artist.

I didn’t mean to imply I had given up — that was “last” as in “most recent” rather than “and never again.” I’m too stubborn to stop completely, while also being too easily distracted to put in the kind of concerted effort that’s required.

9 Likes

Per @HMS Goose - he said should post my post about a new Indie artist I like here:

Check out David Hitchcock. Serious Wrightson vibes with a touch of maybe Gary Gianni? His attention to detail, especially in natural settings. Dark, moody and gothic. I could see him doing something for Allan Moore, especially League of Extraordinary Gentlemen, or Mignola’s Hellboy. Maybe a Sherlock Holmes, Dracula, or Frankenstein adaptation.

He recently did this awesome Shadow Commission for someone and it look fan-fucking-tastic.

I am going to show off his Shadow work, but check out his Facebook and other stuff to see Swamp Thing and Abbey, Poison Ivy, his recent work in Heavy Metal, and several other great works.

I am genuinely surprised he isn’t more well known.

And I found a few other samples.

instagram.com

@davidhitchcock100

The Shadow #theshadow #dccomics #comics

https://twitter.com/dhitchcie?lang=en

facebook.com

David Hitchcock

David Hitchcock is on Facebook. Join Facebook to connect with David Hitchcock and others you may know. Facebook gives people the power to share and makes the world more open and connected.

facebook.com

David Hitchcock Artwork

David Hitchcock Artwork. 1,107 likes · 25 talking about this. I’m a freelance artist, former artist/designer in the newspaper industry. I’m currently taking on commission work, individual pieces, art…

4 Likes

Some rabbit studies from National Geographic animal encyclopedia.

12 Likes