2FN SLOW, DIS BIGG, FCK JOE and other rejected Ohio license plates from 2021

Originally published at: 2FN SLOW, DIS BIGG, FCK JOE and other rejected Ohio license plates from 2021 | Boing Boing

3 Likes

Oh the tyranny they live under in Ohio.

5 Likes

Why can’t you have Slayer as a plate?

I toyed with the idea of MISTR44 or KMFDM as a plate - but I have a hard enough time getting my normal boring plates paid for and updated on time :confused:

5 Likes

I had the same thought, but I realize not everyone is aware of the band. So it would come off as a reference to murder?

Years ago, I had two cars - an 82 BMW 318i (That was always needing work), and an MX-5, on which I’d installed grill teeth.

Example:

I never did it, for the same reason you cite, but I wanted to get plates something like BEATR and BITER for them.

6 Likes

OMG - I LOVE those grill teeth. I didn’t even know that was a thing.

4 Likes

First, Grill Teeth = Awesome.

Second, who’s so invested in disliking Joe Biden that they want that on their license plate? I mean, I can’t stand Trump, or anything he stands for, but it’s not so much a part of my life and identity that I want to make FKTRUMP the first thing anyone sees about me, and pay $50 more a year for the privilege of doing so. I mean, buy a five buck bumper sticker and be done with it.

3 Likes

Shitty people are, almost universally, very invested in making sure everyone knows they are shitty people.

5 Likes

What’s wrong with WHT R1CE, BLK RICE, or RICEEE? Is rice being read as an ethnic slur? Or is the DMV just in the pocket of Big Wheat?

1 Like

2 Likes

Because their identity is intertwined with their politics.

Maybe you are a huge Star Wars fan and want a Star Wars related license plate and it speaks to your identity.

Same thing. It is why political zealots like that are impossible to have their minds changed, and just get worse over time. Changing their political views would mean they are changing their identity.

1 Like

Never underestimate the desire for a right-winger to waste money telling you what they think. These are the same people who burn Nikes and trash Keurigs to own the libs. Before replacing the things they destroyed, that is. That’ll show 'em.

1 Like

Fragile Ego plates.

2 Likes

PSYLVR
PSYGUY

Lots of Gangnam Style fans out there.

Yeah. That’s what I’m going with.

3 Likes

So many variations on Fuck Joe Biden after FLACCID had already been rejected. Some people just can’t take the hint.

1 Like

It is interesting that there’s not one FKTRMP or its brethren. Only Real Americans apply for political vanity plates? I suppose Ohio would have let MAGA go through even though it’s no less obscene than some of these other ideas.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.