34-ounce glass tea press for loose teas and tea bags

[Read the post]

So this seems like a good system for making tea in quantity but for me the voyage to a nice cup of tea is a good part of the tea trip. I like loading my little stainless infuser and setting it down into the cup, waiting for the timer, adding honey…it’s just part of the ritual.

2 Likes

No. Sorry glass is not acceptable, unless you like cold weak tea.

I use a regular French press for tea (separate from the one I use for coffee :- ) Works fine. Of course, I’ve also found I can no longer drink a liter of tea all afternoon after having coffee in the morning, if I have any intention of getting to sleep before midnight.

4 Likes

This reminds me of one of my favorite jokes:

A glass is filled halfway with water and then placed in front of an optimist, a pessimist, and an engineer:

Optimist: That glass is half-full.
Pessimist: That glass is half-empty.
Engineer: That glass is twice as big as it needs to be.

I recommend making less tea.

6 Likes

Get out your sewing machine and make a tea cozy.

8 Likes

We have one of these; it’s nice, but you’re right, it does cool down pretty fast. As @jerwin says, a cozy would help.

1 Like

Q: How do you make a tea cozy?
A: Give it a big, warm hug.*

• This joke provided by Grandma.
9 Likes

When I bought a similar Bodum pot about 15 years ago, it came in a set with a little Bodum hotplate that was just the right size for the pot.

Worked like a charm.

1 Like

The tea-becoming-too-strong-but-you-still-don’t-want-to-make-a-fresh-pot problem was actually already solved a long time ago:

You have a Turkish-style teapot (maybe some other cultures use it too, I’m not sure). It’s two metal teapots stacked on top of each other.
You have a pot for just boiling water on the bottom, and a pot for strong tea on the top. As the tea gets stronger, you just dilute it with the hot water. You can also make different strengths of tea for different people in the household and still have everyone drink tea with breakfast at the same time.

3 Likes

Basically a samovar. They’ve been around for centuries.

We were given one of these bodum teapots, with an infuser but no plunger. It did indeed produce cold weak tea. Unless it was stirred, the water round the infuser would be tea coloured, but the outside was almost colourless. We ended up using a teacosy, and not bothering with the infuser, which rather defeated the object.

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.