3D billboards "getting crazier by the day"

Originally published at: 3D billboards "getting crazier by the day" | Boing Boing

1 Like

We all knew this stuff was coming.

31 Likes

There’s a chiropractic center on the corner of my block whose windows are plastered with giant skeleton diagrams with red “pain points” highlighting to show what they treat. My daughter hates skeletons and at 4 years old, it took a lot of work and patience to get her to walk past it. This…is not helping me, specifically.

8 Likes

I knew this would be the first comment

8 Likes

Are you (back) from the future? :thinking:

8 Likes

Here’s a kitty

6 Likes

The article shows the video in the wrong angle; the 3D effect works better when viewed at the intended angle:

8 Likes

That is the problem with anamorphic projections.

3 Likes

A few points from a grumpy old man … A) I love the, what’s the word, technological creativity? I guess that’s two words, but I think they look really cool. B) I hate the idea that something big and electronic is going to be cluttering up my view of the outdoors, regular billboards are bad enough without releasing this sort of nonsense on people. And 3) Doesn’t anybody ever think about how distracting these things are to drivers? First there were regular billboards, then there were electronic ones that change every 3 seconds, and now something that makes me think a zombie is about to jump on the roof of my car as I speed down I-83? No thanks. Now sit back and shut up, you can go to the bathroom as soon as there’s a Stuckey’s …

3 Likes

“Shark still looks fake!”

4 Likes

JFK- Don’t want to trigger you but they’re putting books onto computer screens and they even have phones with NO Buttons! Also, ladies are no longer wearing dresses when they swim. They just put shower caps on their boobs and butts and tie it all together with twine. Oh, and double-stuffed Oreos. Crazy stuff.

5 Likes

Cracking Up Lol GIF

2 Likes

The Horror! The Horror!

4 Likes

It’s an impressive visual effect; but still doesn’t seem to strike quite the same note of sophisticated technological intrusion against passers by as using modulated ultrasound to project voices only they can hear.

“So, we can produce something that feels a lot like an auditory hallucination. How 'bout some marketing!?”

1 Like

Honey, who doesn’t look better in the wide angle? I’ll take it long and wide, okurrrrrr!

I’ll see myself out now, thanks.

1 Like

Shark still doesn’t look real.

3 Likes

You monster.

I can barely stand it when a colleague touches their own monitor with their gross human grease-fingers; and woe betide the one who touches mine.

That pug is lucky he’s cute and entitled to benevolent treatment under the Genetically Mutilated Wolves (Duty of Care) Act 1995; or we’d have words about him licking the side of the screen I can’t even get to.

3 Likes

People pointing to things on my monitor with pens always makes me cringe in fear.

1 Like

Oct. 8, 2021 Shinjuku’s giant 3-D cat now regularly greets and speaks to crowds every 15 minutes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.