3D-printed cremation urns of the deceased's head to hold their ashes

Originally published at: 3D-printed cremation urns of the deceased's head to hold their ashes | Boing Boing

2 Likes

giphy

Which is both my reaction and the man whose head I want as my urn.

ETA: the line about cost being based on size makes me think of all the jokes in my family about my plus-size noggin and the fact that it would cost more to sculpt it.

5 Likes

The story of Bluebeard needs updating.

“And while he was away, Zuckbeard’s wife opened up the locked room and saw the shelves of 3D-printed heads of his former wives…”

8 Likes

While my Dear Wife was repulsed, I found it interestingly different, and possibly a great ice breaker at parties, but needs a convenient caring case. .

3 Likes

Holy smokes. The brunette looks just like my neighbor. Now that I think of it, I haven’t seen her in a few weeks. I’d better call her and make sure she’s okay.

3 Likes

A simple hinged jaw, some basic sound bites, and a motion sensor and you’ve got yourself the most unsettling version imaginable of Bigmouth Billy Bass.

11 Likes

2 Likes

We prefer one picture from the front and one from the side.

So, you can make these from mug shots? :thinking:

3 Likes

Needs to breathe out “dust” when it talks for the best effect…

5 Likes

No way. When I pass I’m going to leave instructions for my loved ones to just stick to the traditional route and mount my actual head above the mantle like a hunting trophy.

2 Likes

Yeah, mine will be in the yard and scream random obscenities M,T W, and tell Dad Jokes the other days at passing citizens. Or better yet, just put it in the mail box, the Mail Carrier will get a kick out’a that.

1 Like

This is not our most modestly priced receptacle.

3 Likes

I have the perfect headshot for my eventual urn.

/I am very sorry for the selfie.

5 Likes

Big nope.

The only alternative to a tasteful urn I have enjoyed was when Carrie Fisher’s ashes were interred in a large Prozac capsule.

1 Like

Oh dear. I’ve just had a deeply upsetting phone conversation with my late partners mum about her funeral and what’s happening with her ashes, and now this has turned up. Just. Not. Going. To. Happen.
There’s going to be a tree planted with a plaque in her memory in the park next to where her mum lives, and I have a rose given to me, called ‘Just Joey’, (her name was Jo, or Joey) so some of her ashes will go with the rose. It’s breaking my heart just thinking about it, but honestly, the idea of an urn made to exactly resemble the deceased is just too creepy for me to deal with.

2 Likes

They’ve shown “tasteful” restraint by not offering cremation urns of the deceased’s other body part.

Oddly enough, just this morning Mrs. F and I were discussing the idea of having our cremains mixed with concrete and cast in custom garden gnome molds. Our daughter, who dislikes gardening on principle, is against it. I told her we’d make great doorstops. She said she thought boat anchors were more likely.

4 Likes

Perhaps she watched the film Amelie and is now afraid she’d have to deal with what happens after your gnomes disappear one day.

2 Likes

She was even less enamored of my other idea which involved a waterproof box, rare earth magnets, and a scuba diving expedition to attach us to the hull of a cruise ship. She pointed out that I hate cruises, and I couldn’t disagree.

4 Likes